Mirror. Signal. Career manoeuvre. Check.
Splend was created to give people from all walks of life the freedom to earn an income through driving. We’re looking for ambitious people, ready to join our journey and make a difference in people’s lives.
We take great pride in our teams, who are as diverse as our members. We’re an industry-leading company looking for ambitious leaders who want to define the future – not just for on-demand driving, but for all of our members and each other.
As the Director of Operations - Canada, you are a key part of the National leadership team, and work closely with the Head of Country, to both optimize and shape the future of the Country. This role is critical to support the growth and day-to-day operations of Splend Canada. The incumbent will work closely with all functional leaders including, but not limited to Fleet, Finance, HR and Sales.
- Day-to-day operations:
- You will identify process improvements to better effectively run the day-to-day operations and execute those changes with the right stakeholders.
- You will drive the success of all operational support and oversee and manage Branch Managers Nationally.
- Build and manage high-level relationships and key business partnerships within each market i.e uber, vendors.
- Manage and ensure KPIs and key metrics are being achieved for existing and new locations.
- Oversee the overall customer service NPS scores for each location and develop action plans to better results.
- Keep abreast with local business nuances, trends, and regulations in each of the market places.
- Conduct quarterly operation audits to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Analyze results, determine the root cause for areas of opportunity and feed data insights and recommendations to Head of Country. Find operational efficiencies, recommend and develop new process efficiencies from scratch that are cross functional.
- Take on other projects as required to ‘scale up’ the business.
- New Site Setup:
- Assist with opening new locations across Canada; including recommendations on site selection, compliance with provincial regulations and licensing bodies.
- Work closely with Fleet to ensure product meet timeline and targets.
- Oversee the processes and reporting related to the launch and handover of all new locations.
- Analyze weekly and monthly reporting of branch Operations. Including commentary around key metrics, action items and strategic initiatives.
- Operational Efficiency:
- Provide advice and guidance to the Head of Country and senior leadership team regarding projects/program rollout, ensuring, efficient process delivery approaches and effective change management principles are applied.
- Work closely with the Head of Country to strategically plan and manage the implementation and execution of initiatives, programs and new city launches.
- Develop and launch programs relevant to metrics and analytics to provide insights and recommendations to the senior leadership team to drive business decisions and establish strategic focus.
- Build communication and collaboration bridge across the divisional functions by sharing best practices, looking for opportunities to make strategic links between cross initiatives and ensuring consistency in overarching processes and systems.
- Employee Management:
- Conduct monthly feedback discussions with all direct reports to discuss performance, operations and encourage innovative thinking.
- Coach and mentor Branch Managers.
- Support employee engagement plans across your team.
- Work with the Talent department to plan and organize the recruitment and placement of staff ongoing and staff development.
- 7+ years experience in strategy-related roles within large, fast paced, start-up organization
- Post secondary education equivalent to a University degree in business or MBA
- A seasoned Manager with strong analytical, customer service and relationship building skills with attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic and thoughtful, balanced with a practical orientation and sense of urgency
- Strong project management skills from ideation to implementation
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to effectively articulate and present information to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Advanced computer skills required in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team based environment with multiple stakeholders at different levels
- Strong thought leadership, business acumen, and influence skills to lead in a multi-unit working environment
- Strong interpersonal dynamics with a proven ability to develop and leverage effective cross-functional working relationships across all levels of the organization in order to meet goals and objectives
- Lateral thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to travel Nationally is required
Splend is an equal opportunity employer. Splend takes steps to ensure that any applicant is enabled to be considered for a job opening within reasonable accommodation. Splend understands that reasonable accommodation may also be required to enable you to perform a job, gain access to the workplace, and enjoy the “benefits and privileges“ of employment available to employees without disabilities. Splend assures that any applicant can compete for or perform a job within reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation may also be required to enable you to perform a job, gain access to the workplace, and enjoy the “benefits and privileges“ of employment available to employees without disabilities. Any area of the recruitment process, in any format, including telephone screening, in-person interviews, employer-to-applicant video conferencing, comply with applicable laws, including provincial human rights legislation and all Provincial laws regarding accessibility. The recruitment and interview processes will be made available and provided in a way that best suits the needs of an applicant. Please inform the recruiter of any accommodation requirements to best support you.
Culture and Rewards
Most places split these sections into two, but we only need two sentences to describe the culture at Splend.
We work hard for our members, and we celebrate our achievements. Nothing great happens in isolation, and so we simultaneously push and support one another to identify uncharted realms of greatness.
So how about it? You want in? Click the 'Apply' button!
Splend does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, provincial, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy.
Splend is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.