Clearbanc co-founders Michele Romanow and Andrew D’Souza knew there had to be a better way to fund your business than staking your house or sacrificing ownership of your company.
Michele and Andrew deeply understand the pains of building a business; Michele bootstrapped five companies, one which was acquired by Groupon, and sits on the other side of the table as a judge on “Dragon’s Den,” Canada’s equivalent of “Shark Tank.” Andrew, meanwhile, has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for multiple startups and is an investor and advisor to many others.
They've seen the broken funding process from all sides, and the idea for Clearbanc was inspired by their own experiences and struggles building companies and working with other entrepreneurs.
Clearbanc has invested in thousands of companies using data science to identify high-growth funding opportunities. This data-driven approach takes the bias out of decision making. Clearbanc has funded 8x more female founders than traditional VCs, and has invested in 43 states in the US in 2019.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We're a company built by founders for founders, and we’re laser focused on our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed. You'll get the chance to work closely with people who have built, scaled and sold companies before.
While we're obsessed with our vision, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We don’t know all the answers, so we’re constantly experimenting and learning together.
Clearbanc is going through an exciting growth phase. We’ve just closed a $300M round and we're looking for the right people to join #TeamClearbanc. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person looking to make an impact while getting exposure to fintech and learning what it takes to build a successful startup.
About the team
The Data Team consists of Engineers and Scientists empowered to pursue Clearbanc's business objectives. We use Statistics and Data Science to provide data-driven solutions across the organization.
About the role
As an engineer on the Data Team you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining Clearbanc's data infrastructure. You will be in close contact at all times with the team's Data Scientists to ensure the smooth translation of their models into production code, and to spot opportunities to speed up the analytics process. It is expected that you spread best practices of testing, version control and software performance across the team, while at the same time absorbing statistics and data science techniques.
- worked with python in a professional environment, or have experience with it from side projects.
- written tests for a software project and enjoyed it.
- experience with SQL, and are comfortable writing joins and aggregations.
- familiarity with git and version control.
- a healthy skepticism of things that are too good to be true.
- an interest in statistics and the desire to converse about it.
Technologies we use
- Python (and a number of common packages)
- Great healthcare benefits
- Convenient Downtown Toronto location
- Monthly Clearbanc Social Club
- Lunch and Learns
- Friday drinks and demos
- Free daily team lunch from the best Toronto restaurants
- Free snacks and drinks
- Work with a kick-ass team with unparalleled leadership (Michele Romanow - Dragons’ Den, Andrew D’Souza - Angel Investor)
- Lots of responsibility and opportunity to see your impact on the company
Check out our Instagram to see what life is like at #TeamClearbanc
Submit your resume, cover letter, and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role. Resumes sent without a video will not be considered.
_ _ _ _ _
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected class.