Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have hundreds of thousands active monthly businesses from 200+ countries around the world. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About The Team:
Our Customer Success team guides, empowers, and propels the success of our brave entrepreneurs as they pursue their dreams. Together we forge emotional connections, inspire confidence, champion their experience, and remind them that they aren't alone. At many companies, customer support is purely about doing damage control when things go wrong; we’re on a mission to transform our customer support experience into something truly special - something that makes entrepreneurs want to choose Wave and something that our customers go out of their way to tell people about. We’re looking for empathetic, hard-working, and solutions-oriented people to join us on our mission!
About The Role:
Reporting to the Customer Support Team Lead you will be responsible for curating a phenomenal customer experience via multiple channels of support.
Here's how you will make an impact
- Empathy. You can easily put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur and have an uncanny ability to remain calm in the face of a storm. When our customers connect with you, they can immediately sense that you understand their needs and care deeply about helping them succeed.
- Sincere desire to help. You go above and beyond to make things happen for our customers and act as an inside agent, rather than a gatekeeper. You’re not just happy, you’re genuinely excited to draw upon your own experience and knowledge (combined with that of your team) to problem solve and craft solutions for our customers.
- Stellar communication skills and technical savviness. A typical day in the life of a Customer Support Specialist involves connecting with Brave Entrepreneurs over email, live chat, phone and in our online community. The ability to provide our customers with thoughtful and personalized responses, while explaining complicated concepts and giving accurate insight into the world of financial services is critical, as is your ability to show you’re a real person rather than a scary robot automation!
- Resourcefulness. You know when and where to dig for information, and when to ask for help. We’re an incredibly collaborative team that’s constantly learning from our customers’ experiences and, of course, from each other.
- Ability to collaborate. Supporting our customers across the entire Wave platform often requires working with other teams to coordinate a seamless customer experience. Whether it’s your immediate team who can help you get the right answer, or our Account Management and Fraud Prevention teams who must review each customer’s profile, you need to be able to work with all kinds of people and ultimately find a way to make our customers that much more successful.
- Sense of humour. A sense of humour paired with resilience will help you tackle every question and make the days fly by.
You'll thrive here if you have:
- A deep passion for creating extraordinary experiences for our customers and acting as the voice of the customer throughout Wave. Prior experience in customer service roles is helpful, but not required.
- An eagerness to develop and grow in the world of customer experience and success, be it championing new initiatives or growing into team leadership positions.
- Comfort level working rotating shifts: 9AM-5PM some weeks, 11AM-7PM on others, or other shifts as needed.
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.