Clearbanc co-founders Michele Romanow and Andrew D’Souza knew there had to be a better way to fund your business than staking your house or sacrificing ownership of your company.
Michele and Andrew deeply understand the pains of building a business; Michele bootstrapped five companies, one which was acquired by Groupon, and sits on the other side of the table as a judge on “Dragon’s Den,” Canada’s equivalent of “Shark Tank.” Andrew, meanwhile, has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for multiple startups and is an investor and advisor to many others.
They've seen the broken funding process from all sides, and the idea for Clearbanc was inspired by their own experiences and struggles building companies and working with other entrepreneurs.
Clearbanc has invested in thousands of companies using data science to identify high-growth funding opportunities. This data-driven approach takes the bias out of decision making. Clearbanc has funded 8x more female founders than traditional VCs, and has invested in 43 states in the US in 2019.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We're a company built by founders for founders, and we’re laser focused on our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed. You'll get the chance to work closely with people who have built, scaled and sold companies before.
While we're obsessed with our vision, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We don’t know all the answers, so we’re constantly experimenting and learning together.
Clearbanc is going through an exciting growth phase. We’ve just closed a $300M round and we're looking for the right people to join #TeamClearbanc. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person looking to make an impact while getting exposure to fintech and learning what it takes to build a successful startup.
In the Channel Partnerships role, you will report to the Director of Partnerships and support the “Go To Market” team by ensuring top of funnel partner activity aligns with overall company revenue and growth targets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to execute an existing playbook and also have the autonomy to explore and launch new revenue-driving initiatives. You will be able to recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer/partner satisfaction and sales potential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will oversee multiple channel teams; Agency, Accelerators, Incubators, VC, Accountants, etc.
- Crafting and implementing channel sales strategies to meet monthly sales quotas and channel growth KPIs
- You will build out a team of channel associates who will nurture existing channel relationships and build new ones
- Responsible for hiring, firing, promotions, professional development, performance plans
- Use leadership and sales acumen to train and develop the team
- Will work alongside Shen to optimize and execute on processes and channel strategy
- Will carry a team target and ensure daily, weekly, and monthly KPI's are achieved
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams including sales and marketing to ensure goals and performance metrics are met
WHO WE ARE
- 5+ Years of sales management and/or partnership experience
- Must have sales leadership experience
- You thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment and are not afraid to think outside of the box to come up with creative solutions for problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Charismatic personality with the natural ability to nurture professional relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree ( Business, Economics, Marketing or related analytics fields)
- Free daily team lunch from the best Toronto restaurants
- Free snacks and drinks
- Great healthcare benefits
- Convenient Downtown Toronto location
- Monthly Clearbanc Social Club
- Lunch and Learns
- Friday drinks and demos
- Work with a kick-ass team with unparalleled leadership (Michele Romanow - Dragons’ Den, Andrew D’Souza - Angel Investor)
- Lots of responsibility and opportunity to see your impact on the company and the lives of our entrepreneurs
Check out our Instagram to see what life is like at #TeamClearbanc
Submit your resume, cover letter, and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role. Resumes sent without a video will not be considered.
_ _ _ _ _
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected class.