Clearbanc co-founders Michele Romanow and Andrew D’Souza knew there had to be a better way to fund your business than staking your house or sacrificing ownership of your company.
Michele and Andrew deeply understand the pains of building a business; Michele bootstrapped five companies, one which was acquired by Groupon, and sits on the other side of the table as a judge on “Dragon’s Den,” Canada’s equivalent of “Shark Tank.” Andrew, meanwhile, has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for multiple startups and is an investor and advisor to many others.
They've seen the broken funding process from all sides, and the idea for Clearbanc was inspired by their own experiences and struggles building companies and working with other entrepreneurs.
Clearbanc has invested in thousands of companies using data science to identify high-growth funding opportunities. This data-driven approach takes the bias out of decision making. Clearbanc has funded 8x more female founders than traditional VCs, and has invested in 43 states in the US in 2019.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We're a company built by founders for founders, and we’re laser focused on our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed. You'll get the chance to work closely with people who have built, scaled and sold companies before.
While we're obsessed with our vision, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We don’t know all the answers, so we’re constantly experimenting and learning together.
Clearbanc is going through an exciting growth phase. We’ve just closed a $300M round and we're looking for the right people to join #TeamClearbanc. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person looking to make an impact while getting exposure to fintech and learning what it takes to build a successful startup.
As the Campus Recruiter, you will help build our employer brand across universities. Reporting to the Head of Talent Acquisition, you will participate in building teams at Clearbanc while providing awesome opportunities for students and new grads.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Be the face of Clearbanc on campuses - expect to be spending 70% of your time traveling to campuses and 30% in the office
- Visit campuses to connect with students to create meaningful and positive relationships
- Hire people for our team based on skills and talent, over experience
- Manage end-to-end campus talent acquisition, including; building, executing, and developing on campus strategy
- Build and maintain a pipeline of suitable candidates to fill co-op and new grad vacancies across all departments
- Draft job descriptions for all open co-op and new grad positions
- Become a subject matter expert on recruitment cycles for each university to ensure we meet deadlines build and manage relationships with key influencers on campus to drive our hiring initiatives
- Strategize, organize and host events, info sessions, speaking engagements
- Work with our marketing gurus to create campus promotional materials
- Be a brand ambassador by promoting detailed information on career opportunities, values, culture & company mission (this will require traveling to campuses all over Canada!)
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of campus recruitment experience
- Creative and enthusiastic person with a friendly and positive outlook
- Competitive, driven and want to win
- Experience with event management
- Naturally able to manage many people/relationships at once
- This role is not “9 to 5“ and will require work during evenings and weekends at times
- 70% travel
- Speed - we have a ‘getting things done is better than perfect’ attitude with a bias towards action
- Transparency - we're open to feedback, resilient to failures and always looking to improve
- Independence - we are a team of problem solvers and fast learners who can identify problems, come up with ideas and execute solutions themselves.
- Free daily team lunch from the best Toronto restaurants
- Free snacks and drinks
- Great healthcare benefits
- Convenient Downtown Toronto location
- Monthly Clearbanc Social Club
- Lunch and Learns
- Friday drinks and demos
- Work with a kick-ass team with unparalleled leadership (Michele Romanow - Dragons’ Den, Andrew D’Souza - Angel Investor)
- Lots of responsibility and opportunity to see your impact on the company and the lives of our entrepreneurs
Check out our Instagram to see what life is like at #TeamClearbanc
Submit your resume, cover letter, and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role. Resumes sent without a video will not be considered.
_ _ _ _ _
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected class.