Drop (joindrop.com), is a rewards company on a mission to level-up the way consumers shop. Drop builds a personalized rewards experience from over 300 partner brands. To date, Drop has over 3 million users and has rewarded over $19 million to consumers.
Headquartered in Toronto, with an office in New York, Drop is backed by world-class investors including NEA, HOF, Royal Bank of Canada, Sierra Ventures, and White Star Capital.
Visit joindrop.com or follow the company at @joindrop on Twitter and Instagram.
Software Engineering at Drop:
Engineering is at the core of Drop’s ability to scale. We strive for automation, intelligence, and simplicity in all of our products and infrastructure.
We are responsible for continuously processing hundreds of millions of financial transactions while delivering a polished and engaging experience for users. Our product challenges span across both the consumer space (B2C) and the retailer space (B2B).
Our approach to development and collaboration welcomes engineers whom are full stack and/or specialize in a particular domain (frontend, backend, data, etc). We operate at all levels of the stack: building mobile-first apps with technologies like React Native to deliver elegant UIs, scaling highly parallelized APIs and banking integrations to get a 360-degree view of user spending habits and share of wallet, developing data infrastructure to deliver insights and enable the business to efficiently drive impact, and more.
As an Engineering team, we value code quality, testability, scalable engineering design, and continuous process improvement. We leverage modern technologies, such as React Native, Ruby/Rails, Postgres, Redshift, Docker, Kubernetes, and more. We maintain an efficient development environment to keep productive and rapidly innovate. Our key collaborators are product managers, designers, and other stakeholders (marketing, business development, customer support) who partner as entrepreneurial peers on a daily basis.
What kinds of challenges will the Backend Engineer be working on at Drop?
- Implement robust monitoring systems to ensure users are efficiently earning points, discovering offers, linking cards, and more to sustain a healthy platform.
- Enable deeper exploration of spending patterns for offer optimization through the re-architecture of our data stores.
- Improve our Kubernetes clusters to enable easy zero downtime deployment of our various services for a culture of continuous deployment.
- Scale systems to ingest hundreds of gigabytes of transaction data streamed from financial institutions while efficiently calculating and distributing points.
- Categorize millions of transactions for offer personalization and point distribution.
- Detect and prevent instances of fraud based on attributes of spending and much more.
What you Bring to the table
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- You are comfortable working on different parts of the backend stack and applying architectural patterns.
- You have experience building in a production environment using modern web frameworks, service oriented architectures, and scalable datastores.
- You write testable and maintainable code to produce quality systems using engineering best practices.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all work backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity.
- You’re passionate about building the next generation loyalty product to make life more rewarding.
- Bonus: You’ve worked with Ruby/Rails, Postgres, Redshift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Bonus: You have experience scaling architecture and working on products with millions of users.
- Bonus: You’ve built financial, loyalty, or rewards systems.
- Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
- Monthly transportation stipend
- Parental leave benefits
- Catered lunches 3 days/week and plenty of snacks
- Stock options
Don't have Drop yet?
Check us out in the Google Play or App store
Follow the Link below and use Code: “Candidates“ to get a 5k welcome bonus on us! Happy saving Friends!
At Drop, we're committed to providing an enjoyable and meaningful environment for every member of our team. We operate under a flat structure with minimal hierarchy where everyone’s opinion is valued equally. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Drop Technologies, Inc. is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.