HR Specialist (Topeka, KS, US)
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Emily Quinn
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Provide support on Various HR processes, including performance appraisal, salary administration, terminations, disciplinary actions, Affirmative Action Plans, EEO, metrics & Pay increases. Manages, make recommendations & makes decisions on associate’s relation aspects of human resources for the assigned regions. Decision maker for all pay increases within policy. Reviews & provides final approval on all termination requests for associates with less than five years of service. Provides counseling & legal direction service. Provides counseling & legal direction to all levels of management in store, district, field management & General managers on issues involving comp policy & state & federal employment law. Creates & maintains company pol procedures, practices etc. that allow the company to be in compliance. Lead AHS analysis & action planning at the overall organization level. Talent Development Impact – Design, implementation & measure follow up activities for development interventions. Project management to support Talent Development, change management & organization development.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide staffing support. Drive internal processes around candidate selection, communication, interviewing, post-interview feedback & organizational communication. Collaborate with recruiting team to create positive hiring manager experiences. Continuously drive the quality of candidates & process efficiency. Drive the quality of candidates & process efficiency. Drive transparency in staffing decisions.
- Support learning & development initiatives. Support Sales Excellence program, Consumer Marketing Training, Consumer Product Leadership Program & other initiatives as needed. Serve as liaison to North America Tire Learning & Talent organization. Maintain alignment with North American Tire, drive best practices and support a learning organization mindset.
- Manager HR administration through various systems, including MSS< SAP, Global Talent Management System, GEMS, GAIMS & others. Process promotions, exits, demotions, transfers, leaves of absence & other events. Monitor quality of & compliance to, performance management processes.
- Support Development HI PO Programs – In particular, Manufacturing Development Plan.
- Organize & lead the Global, Cross Functional analysis & action planning for the AES results. Focus on the high level interventions that impact RDE&Q & Global OPS Globally. Arrange & lead focus groups & data gathering that reveals the meaning behind the results. Design, implement & manage interventions that create positive impact on the organization as well as develop & deliver communications on a regular cadence.
- 3 + years of previous operations experience with preference for prior experience in a HR environment.
- Management experience desired.
- Manufacturing experience desired.
- Good knowledge of HR regulations & procedures.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of union &/or non-union environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with solid verbal & written communication abilities.
- Solid analytical & research skills.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.