Delivery Driver CDL A - Topeka
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and ability to work with money collected from customers to ensure the amount collected matches the invoiced amount.
- Minimum six months commercial driving experience or three monthsfoodservice or food and beverage delivery experience required. Experience delivering food products preferred.
- Must be able to use or learn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XATA, POD, and tools used to perform the job. Must be able to perform all job functions safely. Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position. Must know/have ability to learn material safety data sheet information regarding all material used within the scope of the work. Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer. Must have excellent customer service skills. Must successfully complete the DOT written examination for drivers and pass a controlled substance abuse screening test. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, including applying tire chains if needed. Must adhere to all safety practices and company policies. Ability to operate manual transmission preferred.
- No more than two convictions in the past two year period for traffic violations. No more than one of these may be a serious as defined by DOT (e.g., leaving scene of an accident, reckless driving, homicide/assault, eluding police, at fault offense, refusing a breathalyzer test, committing a felony with a vehicle) violation or result of an accident - company or private vehicle; No DUI convictions within past three years, regardless of type of vehicle operated; no driver's license suspension within past three years (insurance and overweight tickets are excluded); and no termination by previous employer for failure to comply with safety regulations or for accident involvement.
- May spend significant amounts of time out-of-doors, exposed to potentially difficult environmental conditions. May be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature and weather extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a trip, tight delivery schedules, delays en route and other stresses and fatigue related to driving a large commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather. Must spend the majority of working time in the truck, exposed to noise and vibration levels which may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger cars.
MOS CODE: Motor Transport Operator
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/