Requisition Number: CUSTO02654
Assists customers with all types of teller and new account transactions. Assists customers with opening, processing, and closing Consumer Loans. Advise and cross-sell appropriate products and services which benefit the customer to meet their personal financial goals. Responsible for accurately processing financial transactions and being an effective source of information for our customers: in lobby, drive-thru window or by telephone. Provides friendly, professional, confidential and effective assistance to customers and Bank associates assuring a positive experience and minimizing wait time.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. with closing one night per week (5:30 p.m.); rotating Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - Noon
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists customers with opening all types of retail accounts and safe deposit boxes as defined by the Bank. Performs maintenance on existing accounts.
- Originates, processes, and closes consumer loans as defined by the Bank. Must be able to obtain and maintain current registration through the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. Performs peer reviews of existing files as defined by branch management.
- Use every customer contact as an opportunity to advise and cross-sell customers about additional services or programs that might benefit them.
- Performs teller transactions as defined by the Bank. Balances cashbox daily to ensure accuracy in transactions and notifies supervisor regarding any offages. Participates in the rotation of vault duties, including the daily balancing of the vault when it is used.
- Answer incoming calls verifying the identity of the caller. Determines the needs of the caller and minimizes the time and effort to resolve their concerns.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve external and internal customer inquiries as needed.
- Performs branch opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Assists other departments and branches with transactions as needed; provides support for the department and branch management in fulfilling customers’ requests.
- Maintains the most stringent standards of customer service confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Must comply with current applicable laws, regulations and bank policies and procedures. Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- A minimum of one to three years of customer service or related experience, including preparatory experience.
- A high school degree or equivalent.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others both inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information, as well as updating or referring, which typically require short discussions.
- Ability to communicate with customers (greet, put at ease, instill confidence in Capitol Federal and self), explain products and services in an understandable manner, explain and compare features and benefits of different products, relate to each individual customers’ particular needs, accurately answer customers’ questions, identify customers’ problems and present solutions.
Must be able to stand all day, walk to greet customer and escort customers to the work area. Employees will only sit during lengthy transactions when the customer is also sitting. Will have limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift a coin bag up to 30 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on a computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management.
Regular in-office attendance required.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters. Ability to stand for long period of time, reach and bend, write notes and information given by a customer, good finger dexterity for using computer terminal and typewriter.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Capitol Federal Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.