Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Please note: The territory for this position is East Kansas. Preferred locations are Manhattan, Topeka, Salina, and Lawrence.
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers.
We are currently seeking an Agronomic Service Representative for Syngenta’s East Kansas territory. In this role, you will provide agronomic support expertise within the district team. You will partner with sales teams to position solutions on the farm or with our channel partners by assisting with the development and delivery of Syngenta products and our agronomic story in the marketplace.
- Accountable for supporting local sales performance by providing technical sales support to channel partners and sales representatives.
- Provides localized and targeted product, technology and agronomic information and advice to sales team, channel partners, customers and prospects.
- Promotes Syngenta products at meetings, field days, and one on one.
- Provides guidance and direct involvement as needed in handling service calls.
- Supports and coordinates demonstration plot locations in the assigned area, analyzes and interprets data for promotional use and is the pivot point for Syngenta story amplification in local areas.
- Member of the local team, accountable for sales performance by providing technical support to growers, channel partners and sales representatives.
- Develop relationship with all key personnel in local area (AgriEdge Specialists, Sales Reps, DM, channel partners).
- Learn and understand all key Syngenta products and solutions for local assigned area and train sales teams, channel partners and growers on those products and solutions
- Partner with sales teams to position Syngenta on the farm, ‘to, through and with’ in the case of retail.
- Partner with the grower to maximize their return on investment.
- Coordinate trialing efforts within the local area through the Sales Reps and channel partners.
- Partner with Sales Reps to plan strategies to effectively compete with competitor products utilizing working knowledge of those products.
- Provide support and training for service calls
- Amplification of Syngenta story – product performance messages, Performance Insight newsletters, blog (as assigned), etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or related field. Master’s degree in Agronomy is highly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as well as strong technical background
- Significant technical knowledge of product portfolio, product pipeline and product value propositions.
- Agronomic theory – knowledge of farming best practices, seed technologies, crop protection.
- Understanding of statistical principals and data analysis
- Up to 80% travel required within Territory
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong teaching and communication skills: ability to communicate highly technical information to growers, sales reps and accounts in a manner that is easily understandable
- Problem solving skills (e.g. ability to diagnose issues with product performance and provide recommendations)
- Ability to create professional and successful working environment with Sales Reps, District Managers and other key Syngenta personnel
- Demonstrate leadership amongst sales team and technical peers
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)