Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com
LGUS is seeking a Fleet Equipment Manager to oversee the Fleet distribution team to drive the safety, productivity, capital, and maintenance goals as set forth by the company.
- Develop a strategy for trailer rehab/repair process. Ensure we are making the appropriate decision with rehabbing versus buying new. As well as expanding our network of available providers to decrease our lead time while lowering our total cost of rehab.
- Lead the trailer purchasing decision process based on current age/condition of the fleet and expected volume growth.
- Oversee the rollout of EAM and ongoing development of EAM software system.
- Lead efforts to manage the tractor lease and turn in process. Understand length of lease desired based on TCO and ensure turn in process is managed appropriately.
- Oversee process to reduce maintenance costs and compliance across all regions.
- Develop a six-sigma culture and direction in the Fleet team to ensure long-term projects are in place.
- Lead monthly calls with RDM’s and field sites as needed to ensure open communication and gain feedback on potential new initiatives.
- Ensure FDO is kept updated as well as maintenance and training programs are in place in the field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or previous Fleet Management experience required
- Minimum 5 years Distribution or Logistics experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams and manage conflict
- Strong analytical and financial decision-making experience
- Problem-solving skills including six sigma experience preferred
- Self-starter, who is comfortable working independently, effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.