Escrow Supervisor (Hybrid)
Our Escrow Department is seeking a new Supervisor to join their team!
At OceanFirst Bank, each one of our employees plays an important role in fulfilling the mission and taking responsibility to execute daily tasks in alignment with our core values. Together we foster an environment of respect, professionalism and diversity that makes OceanFirst a great place to work and do business.
Great benefits include: on-site fitness facility, hybrid schedule after initial onboarding has been completed (3 days in office, 2 days remote), employee perks & discount programs, tuition assistance, incentive compensation program, and more! Apply today to #BecomeOceanFirst and make an impact in the local community!
The Escrow Supervisor is responsible for the supervision over the Bank’s escrow processing and operations for real estate taxes and insurance. This position ensures all tax escrow and insurance items are paid in a timely manner and that all non-escrowed taxes are tracked, and payments and drafts made to protect the mortgage interest are monitored and processed in accordance with the Bank investor guidelines. The Escrow Supervisor provides technical assistance to staff that administer the escrow account and insurance records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises activities of the escrow staff to ensure that the various functions of the department and customer requests, including escrow waivers, are handled in accordance with Bank standards.
- Conducts performance reviews for escrow staff.
- Receives and investigates escalated internal and external inquiries and problems involving the current status of real estate tax and insurance records.
- Conducts the annual analysis of all escrow accounts to ensure adequate payments are received from borrowers to satisfy real estate tax and insurance billings.
- Keeps current on knowledge of all escrow related systems including but not limited to Core Banking System, FHA Connection, Tax Service, and Insurance Services.
- Oversees mortgage insurance processing including payments, terminations, cancellation requests and reporting.
- Monitors the receipt and processing for insurance policy claims.
- Works with third party insurance, tax and flood tracking vendors to monitor loans secured by real estate.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and practices for escrow and insurance related operations comply with all applicable industry and regulations. Assists in reviewing processes and procedures to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Provides responses for Audits, Regulatory Exams and SOX reporting and testing.
- Participates in acquisition and merger activity relating to escrow, tax and insurance records and notifications as directed by Escrow Manager.
- Completes requests for information relating to escrow, tax, and insurance for all loan sale activity.
- Manages the compliance requirements for Loan Servicing Operations to ensure files are maintained in accordance with regulations
- Ensures compliance with all regulations governing the banking industry, as well as employment and labor laws, agency guidelines and organization policies.
- Ensures that escrow staff members meet compliance and disclosure requirements and are cross trained in all.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong familiarity with concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow industry field.
- Ability to supervise/lead a team and provide coaching and direction to team members.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Experience & Education
- Bachelors' degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years escrow experience required, preferable in real estate loan servicing.
- A minimum of 2-3 years supervisory experience required.
Internal and External Contacts
- Initiates and receives frequent external telephone contact with customers, vendors, tax municipalities and insurance agents
- Internal contact involves coordination with the Loan Servicing and related operating departments.
- Interacts and coordinates with various Bank departments including, but not limited to Senior Management, Audit, Compliance, Legal, IT, Accounting and Loan Origination, Commercial Lending.
- Interacts with regulatory agencies during exams.
- Interacts with external vendors
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity