Requisition Number: STAFF01459
Welltower Inc. (NYSE: WELL), an S&P 500 company headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, is driving the transformation of healthcare infrastructure. With an enterprise value of over $40B, Welltower is the world’s largest healthcare real estate investment trust (REIT). Concentrated in major, high-growth markets throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, Welltower delivers the health care infrastructure necessary to facilitate better treatment at lower costs and keep patients out of the hospital. We provide real estate capital to leading seniors housing operators, post-acute care providers, and health systems, enabling these companies to grow, innovate, and ultimately provide better care. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
This role is primarily responsible for performing accounting and reporting-related duties for Welltower partnerships and operator relationships.
- Managing the flow of financial information between our business partners/operators and internal/external customers.
- Performing monthly uploads and reconciliations of operator financial information.
- Executing monthly partnership internal controls and preparing associated workpapers.
- Consolidating operator data into consolidated metrics (both financial and nonfinancial).
- Performing accounting activities for partnerships and producing accurate financials from accounting information systems.
- Calculating monthly distributions to business partners.
- Assisting with tax-related tasks including pulling accurate information for tax preparation and ensuring timely completion.
- Assisting team with providing information related to internal and external audits.
- Performing initial review of monthly operator financial information and following up with operators regarding unusual activity or balances.
- Performing other duties as required.
- A focus towards customer service and team goals.
- The ability to work independently, self-motivate and work in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to problem-solve individually.
- A positive and professional attitude.
No travel is expected for this position.
Experience: 1-3 years of public or corporate accounting experience is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. Knowledge of accounting theory, including GAAP and IFRS is preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Professional certification, CPA is strongly desired.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Welltower is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet