Requisition Number: ADMIN01404
Welltower Inc. (NYSE: WELL), an S&P 500 company headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, is driving the transformation of healthcare infrastructure. With an enterprise value of over $36B, Welltower is the world’s largest healthcare real estate investment trust (REIT). Concentrated in major, high-growth markets throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, Welltower delivers the health care infrastructure necessary to facilitate better treatment at lower costs and keep patients out of the hospital. We provide real estate capital to leading seniors housing operators, post-acute care providers, and health systems, enabling these companies to grow, innovate, and ultimately provide better care. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
The Administrative Assistant and Legal Administrator will provide assistance and support to the Legal Services team. The candidate will be accountable for a wide range of responsibilities including administrative support, legal tracker, and receptionist duties for their department and calendar management. Being able to proactively solve problems, support multiple individuals, communicate in an effective way, and conduct themselves in a professional manner is a must. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and will be proficient in the suite of Microsoft Office 2013 products.
- Provide administrative and telephone support to Legal Services team and front desk;
- Manage calendars and schedules;
- Make travel arrangements and process expense reports;
- Prepare legal documents for review, including the distribution of contracts and organization of records;
- Edit PDF documents;
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations upon request;
- Reconcile CSC account, work with accounting team for coding to prepare and process wire payments;
- Effectively create and edit Excel spreadsheets;
- Obtain and coordinate signature of legal documents, engagement letters and confidentiality agreements through either wet signature or DocuSign;
- Distribute legal documents including default notices via certificated return receipt requested and overnight;
- Prepare wire transfers and obtain appropriate approvals;
- Attend team meetings, take minutes, and circulate notes from the meeting to the team;
- Understand rules regarding legal proceedings, deadlines, and filing requirements; be familiar with vendors and other legal resources; and have basic knowledge of legal terminology;
- Assist with document management and retention for the company;
- Review Public Notices to determine priority and create summary email correspondence to operators, RITs, RESs, risk manager and interested parties;
- Use high quality, professional oral and written skills to project a positive image of the business through telephone and email communications;
- Promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor;
- Demonstrates an awareness of fundamental business principles as well as an understanding of the overall industry in which the business operates;
- Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals;
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High quality, professional oral and written skills to project a positive image of the business through telephone and email communications (speak with confidence using clear, concise sentences that are easily understood and produce well though-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors);
- Advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills;
- Strong team player with a focus towards customer service, and flexibility in the face of change;
- The ability to foresee problems and acting to prevent them;
- The ability to self-motivate, work in a dynamic environment, and work independently to consistently meet deadlines as required;
- Balance conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines;
- Sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction, and swiftly refer problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary; and
- A positive and professional attitude.
No travel is expected for this position.
Experience: Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in legal administration, preferably from a law firm.
Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant work experience in similar field.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Welltower is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet