Administrative Assistant - Accounting
At Welltower Inc. (NYSE:WELL) we are driving innovation in health care infrastructure and delivery. We envision a new model of care that revolves around wellness – living well, aging well and keeping people out of the hospital. We partner with leading seniors housing and post-acute-care providers and with health systems to fund innovative solutions designed to keep patients out of higher cost, higher acuity settings while delivering better treatment at a lower cost. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
The Administrative Assistant will provide assistance and support to the Accounting team. The candidate will be accountable for a wide range of responsibilities detailed below. Being able to proactively solve problems, support multiple individuals, communicate in an effective way, and conduct themselves in a professional manner is a must. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and will be proficient in the suite of Microsoft Office 2013 products.
- Provide administrative support;
- Promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor;
- Demonstrates an awareness of fundamental business principles as well as an understanding of the overall industry in which the business operates;
- Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals;
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and footnotes on an annual basis for stand alone, HUD and statutory audits;
- Manage the real estate tax escrow process for all required NNN operators, including communication with operators and Fidelity representatives, creating and processing wires to transfer money as required and ensuring taxes are paid on time and without penalty;
- Manage the journal entry support and review process for all manual journal entries;
- Review and deliver operator invoices monthly;
- Monitor and communicate SOX compliance and documentation requirements;
- Use JD Edwards accounting software to perform journal entries, enter new vendors and perform inquiries;
- Utilize Docusphere and Serengeti to validate appropriateness of departmental invoices, code to the general ledger and validate the approval workflow;
- Act as backup for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable; and
- Project duties and assistance as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
College degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
The ideal candidate will exhibit:
- High quality, professional oral and written skills to project a positive image of the business through telephone and email communications (speak with confidence using clear, concise sentences that are easily understood and produce well though-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors);
- Advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills;
- Strong team player with a focus towards customer service, and flexibility in the face of change;
- The ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action;
- The ability to self-motivate, work in a dynamic environment, and work independently to consistently meet deadlines as required;
- Balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines;
- Sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction, and swiftly refer problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary; and
- A positive and professional attitude.
The work environment is characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welltower is a drug-free and nicotine-free employer.
Welltower and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.