Requisition Number: SENIO02302
This position processes customer transactions for a variety of routine to more complex financial transactions including but not limited to check cashing, account withdrawals and deposits. Responsible to balance cash drawers, assist customers with product line information and provide a quality customer experience. Identifies and refers sales opportunities to appropriate bank personnel to meet individual and department goals in order to support the organization’s goals & values. Consistently gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 6 months cash handling experience required.
- Minimum of 12 months previous experience in retail sales and/or financial services experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule required with ability to work during of operations, including weekends and occasional non-bank operational hours.
- Demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and exercise a high degree of initiative.
- PC Proficiency in Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphone devices as well as Microsoft Office Suite software.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Exhibit consistent relationship building including, but not limited to:
- Prepare for various customer interactions
- Build rapport
- Effectively utilize and document open and closed-ended questions to understand current and future financial goals of customers
- Match customer needs to Seacoast Bank products and services
- Confidently and proficiently explain Seacoast Bank products and services to customers
- Proven ability to create and enhance relationships based on customer needs
- Ask for referrals from new and existing customers
- Exhibit good listening skills and speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service.
- Quickly seek out appropriate people in more complex financial matters.
- Able to balance business needs with customer requests while managing potential risk to bank.
- Embrace new technology and remain up to date on industry changes to create an open environment that fosters idea generation and innovation.
- Participate in community, charitable or civic events.
- Exhibit strong work ethics and teamwork, collaborating with other associates within the branch and across the organization.
- Display Proficient knowledge of consumer deposit and lending products and processes.
- Exhibit proficiency in outbound calling process.
- Demonstrate proficiency in identifying referral opportunities with internal business partners.
- Participate in presentations regarding banking products/services through networking events.
- Display proficiency in Customer facing technology with the ability to discuss with and enroll customers in self-service products/processes.
- Develop an introductory knowledge of small business deposit products and processes including account maintenance.
- Process checks, cash and the sale of negotiable instrument transactions adhering to the banks current policies and procedures.
- Ensure branch adherence to AML/BSA requirements, audit procedures, dual control, security, Business Continuity, and all other regulated banking requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing and adhering to branch operational procedures and controls while communicating updates to associates. Follows up on all audit deficiencies.
- Balance cash drawer daily and monitors own work for accuracy.
- Follow instructions and responds to management direction to help resolve more difficult customer objections, and solves problems in a timely and positive manner to retain the customer relationship.
- Adhere to Seacoast Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Follow all safety and security procedures.
- Oversee day to day operations of the branch (including vault responsibilities).
- Maintain and update documents for all audit and compliance requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand. The associate must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.