Want tobuild a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Production Supervisor will lead all production and operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. In this role, you will ensure safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met.
- Directly operate or supervise the operation of the whole production line, lead all staff in the shift, including contract workers
- Monitor and maintain proper safety requirements in the shift to ensure the safety of the staff.
- Monitor and maintain the quality to ensure the products meet the required standards.
- Provide training to the staff on relevant environmental health and safety requirements to ensure that all staff are trained in accordance with regulations.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels in the plant
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Must be able and willing to work from heights (i.e. ladders, catwalks, etc.) and in an indoor/outdoor environment
- Able to lift containers/bags weighing 40-60 lbs.
- Experience managing an effective EHS program
- Ability to balance work schedules with other Supervisors to accommodate shuttle train loading
- Experience with email, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications
- One year of supervisory experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in production and warehouse management
- Grain operations or personnel management experience