Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health Tillamook Regional Medical Center is a critical access hospital in Tillamook, serving a small community on the northern Oregon coast. Services include ambulance and emergency services, clinical outpatient therapy services, imaging, laboratory, medical and surgical services, intensive care, obstetrics, rehabilitation, home care, hospice and rural medical offices. Tillamook Regional Medical Center was also recently named one of the Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in the United States by iVantage Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health. The Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals play a key role in providing a safety net to communities across America.
Home of the Tillamook Cheese Factory, the Tillamook area is home to the famous Three Capes Scenic Loop. On this drive you will find breathtaking views of the ocean, the Three Arch Rocks, Netarts Bay and Haystack Rock in Pacific City. No matter where you go in Tillamook, there will be scenery to be had.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Emergency Medical Technician, Basic who:
Assists in providing direct, and in-direct patient care under direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) or Charge Nurse. Provides individualized care plan for patient presentation. Acts as a clinical resource for students, those being oriented and volunteers.
- Provides individualized care plan for patient presentation.
- Collects, records and communicates basic patient data, current and changing status.
- Cleans, inspects, assembles and sterilizes trays and equipment in accordance with established departmental procedures.
- Takes immediate and appropriate action upon occurrence of emergency situation within job description and policies.
- Participates in continuing/advanced education which demonstrates employee commitment to improving capabilities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Three years full time in a 911 system: Preferred
- CALIFORNIABasic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): Required
- Valid Driver's License (DL): Required
- OREGONAHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider or equivalent: Required
- NAEMT PHTLS or equivalent within 6 months: Required
- EVOC/EVOS or equivalent: Required
- CALIFORNIAEmergency Medical Training (EMT) certification: Preferred
- OREGONValid Oregon EMT License (National Registry Preferred): Required