The Service Administrator acts as the liaison between the customer and Transwest when service is required. By providing one consistent source of information for the client, mechanics and shop foreman are able to perform their duties with minimal interruptions. Transwest A-SHop in Brighton is looking for a professional and experienced administrator
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with customers by quickly responding to inquiries.
- Answer service calls and deliver timely updates to clients regarding status updates on work being performed and scheduling work.
- Interview clients in a professional manner to determine the needed repairs.
- Obtain all necessary information from the customer to establish a business relationship.
- Creation and close-out of the RO.
- Follow up with customers regarding service.
- Review work performed with client and collect payment.
- Communication with Shop Foreman on pertinent RO information and updates.
- Quality Control of services provided on Truck and Trailer finished products.
- Assisting Service Manager and Foreman with multiple tasks.
- Assist in daily payroll auditing for shop employees
- Ability to obtain and prepare literature from manufacturers for technicians and foreman to perform diagnostic techniques
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license
- Good standing MVR.
- Experience diagnosing diesel trucks is a plus.
- Heavy and medium duty truck industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.