Tech 2- Robotic Sander Operator ~ 1st Shift~ 15.00 Hourly~
Check-Mate Manufacturing LLC located in Thomasville, GA is a subsidiary of Check-Mate Industries based in West Babylon, New York. Over the past 40 years, Check-Mate has proven to be the winning move for hundreds of customers in a diverse range of industries. The company has been recognized as an innovator and leader in tool & die, stamping and assembly. Whether producing high-precision tools and progressive dies, stamping, or assemblies for everything from healthcare to personal security products, Check-Mate out-thinks, out-maneuvers, and out-performs its competition.
FABRICATION TECH 2, ROBOTIC SANDING
Check-Mate Manufacturing has an opening on 1st Shift for Fabrication Tech 2, Sanding operator.
PAY: 1st Shift ($15.00/hr.)
The Fabrication Tech 2, Sander is responsible for all aspects in the sanding of metal parts to ensure that customer specifications are met and a high standard of quality is achieved. The Technician 2 must operate, set-up and troubleshoot the manual and robotic sanders. Works with Engineering, Maintenance and other team members to receives proper engineer and maintenance support.
- Tech 2 Operators operate and troubleshoot the robotic or manual sander observing OSHA Safety and Health Standards.
- Tech 2 Operators sets up, parts in parts out, inspection and pack out parts on the robotic and manual sanders.
- Tech 2 Operators operate the robotic and manual sanders by understanding the work cell layout (Fanuc Teach Pendants, Chutes, Belt heads, dust collector, exit conveyors and air prep unit).
- Tech 2 Operators work with maintenance to understand proper lock-out/tag-out, E-Stop and other safety features of the robotic or manual sander.
- Tech 2 Operators works with maintenance on the maintenance for the machine and PM’s (Preventative Maintenance).
- Tech 2 Operators work with engineering on set-up, faults and down-time issues.
- Tech 2 Operators understand and demonstrates fundamentals of machine operation, fault recovery, work cell entry, exit and powering up/down.
- Tech 2 Operators understand and demonstrates machine specific tasks such as grinding media change, contact wheel change, open-end wrench, idler wheel change and spanner wrench.
- Tech 2 Operators exercise technical knowledge to troubleshoot the robotic and manual sander by understanding machine faults.
- Tech 2 Operators perform visual Inspection of magazine tubes for defects (dents, dings, discolorations) and cosmetic issues.
- H.S. diploma or GED from an accredited institution of higher learning
- 3-5 years of manufacturing/inspection experience, preferably in a metal stamping environment
- 3-5 years’ operating robotic equipment
- Basic problem-solving, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Must be detailed oriented and strong basic mathematical knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Utilizes Micrometers and calipers if necessary, to ensure that manufactured parts are meeting quality standards and customer specifications.
- Performs 6S to ensure that area is clean and organized.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and long-term disability
- 12 days of Paid Time Off ; Weekly pay
- 401k after 1st yr/100% match on 3%
- Training and Development opportunities