Operate electric powered lift trucks to transport materials, supplies and equipment between designated areas on plant grounds. Stacking material in storage area as required by SOP. Deliver raw material from warehouse into production areas requisitioned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe acts and conditions (one per month); uses equipment and materials properly.
- Completes daily safety check list.
- Shrink wrap, tag, and validate product.
- Operate forklift to include pallet placement and the organization of finished goods in the correct lag locations.
- Operate forklift to stock the production floor.
- Dumps scrap caps, purge and liner.
- Organize finished goods and raw materials in the warehouse. Pallets are to be located inside the lag lines
- Inventory materials in warehouse.
- Ensure cosmetic quality of the packaging according to procedures and work instructions.
- Deliver product from production area to warehouse as required by procedures and work instructions.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse facility at all times.
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food Safety, Quality and HACCP Pre-requisite Programs related to activities performed for this position.
- Communicate with maintenance and or supervisor on maintenance problems
- Help in other job functions as required.
- Assist production area when necessary.