Performs various tasks associated with maintaining plant operations.
- Follows all safety procedures, checks for safety hazards, takes correction action to eliminate safety hazards.
- Adheres to plant environmental policies and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Operates various heavy equipment.
- Performs basic maintenance, repairs, minor installations, replacements and some elementary electrical work.
- Troubleshoot production issues and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform preheater tower cleaning including the use of Cardox.
- Trains other operators, and participates/facilitates team meetings.
- Applies skills and performs work in other positions as assigned.
- Works rotating shift schedule, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 5-10 years industrial experience
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic computer skills
- A good understanding of the basics of the cement manufacturing process is preferred.
- High degree of safety awareness
- Work with minimum supervision
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills