Patient Accounts Representative III
Mid-Columbia Medical Center's is now accepting applications for a Patient Accounts Representative III. This position is Full-Time and is eligible for a comprehensivebenefits and time-off package.
Under limited supervision, performs medical billing functions for complex (high dollar and/or specialty) accounts requiring advanced knowledge of multi-payor system and all specialty billing procedures and contracts. Reviews itemized bills to verify accuracy and completeness of charges. Researches denied or incomplete bills. Interprets and/or translates codes and/or verifies ICD-10 coding. Researches and resolves patient complaints. May specialize in a general payor type or bill type such as, RHC, Commercial, Government, or Specialty. Trains other patient account representatives and serves as subject matter expert in patient accounts and billing. Troubleshoots and resolves difficult issues or problems with all areas of billing and related areas.
Trains and may provide lead duties over other patient account representatives. Contributes to process improvement by continually seeking and recommendation ways to improve efficiencies
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three years of progressive responsible experience directly applicable healthcare business office experience (billing/credit/collections).
- Demonstrated familiarity with specialty billing procedures and contracts.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multi-payor systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of billing/collection rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of online systems for eligibility and status review of claims.
- Key Boarding: 40 wpm and PC based computer skills.
- 10 key proficiency.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision, exercising independent judgment within stated guidelines.