1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Smith-Blair, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Product Engineer responsible for designing, developing and managing activities for a specific product or group of products for production and release.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Redesign and development of improvements to existing and new clamp and coupling products based upon performance requirements, economics, and personal invention to meet company objectives.
- Serve as Product Engineer for the existing products; maintain, develop, and assist in strategies for improving throughput of product.
- Design and fabricate prototypes or new components; develop meaningful endurance testing, field trial, and in house exposure in affected departments.
- Redesign and improve existing products based upon cost improvements, CIP’s.
- Provides technical assistance to Marketing, Field Sales, and Customer Service.
- Presentations on applications, product changes, new developments, and customer instruction sessions.
- When assigned to meet project requirements, will direct and assist Test Engineer(s) in completing projects.
- Test and evaluate competitive products.
- Carry out special assignments as required by Product Engineering Manager.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years’ work experience in engineering related field.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Manufacturing floor: work performed within engineering test lab(s); work performed within manufacturing production lines, assembly lines, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Work hours may keep individual after hours or be required to work weekends based on production demand and schedule.