Paramedic / AEMT
CareWell is seeking a dependable full-time paramedic or AEMT for our state-of-the-art urgent care facility in Tewksbury, MA. Our ideal candidate is friendly and has excellent communication skills and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Schedule is three (3) 12-hour shifts per week with every other weekend coverage.
Job Summary: Paramedics and AEMTs are responsible for the triage and providing on-site aid. They are expected to assess patients' conditions and implement first-aid procedures. If patient transport is necessary, paramedics will prepare patient for transport.
Duties and Responsibilities: tasks include but are not limited to:
- Completes daily chart checks for accuracy of chart documentation, charges, and completion of orders
- Obtain vitals and patient histories
- Performs testing: vision, audiometers, drug screens, breath alcohol, EKGs, pulmonary function testing, nerve conduction screens and phlebotomies
- Performs injections: subcutaneous, intradermal, intramuscular or intravenous as directed by physician
- Performs point of care testing: strep, drug screens, mono, glucose, influenza, Urine pregnancy, H. Pylori, Urinalysis
- Dispenses pre-packaged medications and other treatment modalities
- Performs sterile technique with trauma patients, instrument cleaning and sterilization
- Assists providers with exams and testing (pelvic exams, eye irrigations and ear irrigations, I & Ds, Joint injection preparation, and casting/splinting preparation)
- Maintains confidentiality with all patient information
- Provide accurate and timely documentation to staff, insurance carriers and companies
- Maintain patient records for clinical use, medical records use, billing use, physicians review, etc.
- Document patient files, records, forms, and other info as necessary
- Assist with scheduling of test and treatments
- Screen phone calls for referral to physician
- Maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment
- Complete opening and closing procedures
- Be sure work area appears neat, well stocked, and organized
Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintain disposable and non-disposable supplies, i.e. wound care supplies, laundry, etc.
- Provide general information of department policies and procedures
- Attend required meetings, re-certifications, and participate in committees as requested
- Help produce and maintain patient education instruction hand-outs
- Maintain clean, professional working/treatment area
- Accept and assume responsibility for special projects as they arise
- All other duties as assigned
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Possess strong communication skills in English both verbally and written
- Willingness to solve problems and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at a high level
- Proven interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously deal with patients, families, clients, coworkers, clinical staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates commitment to the company and direct internal team.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, medical practice, and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Practice safety and precautions within the work environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer function and basic office equipment.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
- Must be able to accommodate a fast-paced work environment while maintaining excellent customer service and staff interactions.
Education & Experience:
- 1 or more years as a Paramedic or EMT-A or higher with a current license in Massachusetts
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Some prior experience in an emergency room or urgent care setting preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a medical office setting and includes possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is an hourly, non-exempt position full-time, hours are 8am-8pm, three (3) 12 hour shifts a week with rotating every other weekend.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position however, depending on the location, this position may work at more than one center.