Physical Therapist Aide
Title: Physical Therapist Aide - Hand Therapy
Location: Hand Therapy Department - 350 Posada Lane Suite 103, Templeton, CA 93465
Schedule: Weekdays, Full-Time
Practice Setting: Private Outpatient Practice
Requirements: High school diploma or higher. Background in Kinesiology is a plus.
Compensation: $15-$17.50/Hour plus benefits
Since 1999, we have been a family of forward-thinking physical therapy clinics in California, Arizona, and North Carolina with a shared belief that moving with purpose leads to a happier and healthier life--We believe the most important thing about life is how we move through it.
- Employee-Owned Company
- Recipient of the APTA’s Jayne L. Snyder Private Practice of the Year Award
- Many of our Physical Therapist are board certified specialist, or specialty trained in orthopedics, geriatrics, sports, vestibular, and hand therapy.
We see ourselves as an extension of the physicians in our communities and are always looking for ways to better support their services. Throughout the year, each of the clinics provide time, energy, and proceeds to local causes and events such as the MS Walk, the Heart Walk, Go Red for Women, START!, Miracle Miles for Kids and many more. Our team also finds great pleasure in sponsoring local athletic teams and organizations, and providing community lectures and free backpack screenings for kids in all clinics.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Using professional etiquette at all times
- Assisting Director with miscellaneous tasks and projects
- Maintaining HIPAA compliance at all times
- Making sure patient treatment areas are kept neat and sterile
- Maintaining a sufficient supply of clean linens
- Greeting patients and escorting them to the appropriate treatment and or exercise area
- Assisting physical therapists with patient history and intake information when necessary
- Assisting therapists with application of procedures and modalities as directed
- Demonstrating, educating and monitoring patients through their exercise programs
- Documenting patient charts as necessary and as instructed by the therapist
- Making sure patients are comfortable and answering questions when necessary
- Backing up the front office staff with answering phones and making appointments over the lunch hour and or any busy periods
- Assisting physical therapists with chart maintenance and timely patient flow
- Maintaining any necessary supplies for back office area i.e. linens, cleaning supplies, procedure and modality supplies
- Being able to lift 25-50 pounds
- Being physically able to assist patients with mobility restraints
- Computer skills to include: Word, Email, Internet
- Having a positive attitude is key
- Profit Sharing: A team profit sharing plan in which the organization contributes dollars into individual team member accounts based on the success of the practice. Once eligible, you are automatically enrolled.
- Employee Stock We are 100% employee-owned! The employees of Movement for Life own all of the shares in our company. Eligible employees receive shares in the company at no cost to the employee and you are automatically enrolled.
- 401(k) You have the option to open a 401(k) account and contribute pre-tax dollars via payroll deduction and have a broad range of investment choices.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision plans are offered to eligible full-time employees. We cover $325/month of the cost. All eligible employees are enrolled in an employer-paid life insurance policy as well.
- Paid Time Off We offer 3 weeks or 15 days/year for the first 2 years of employment, 4 weeks or 20 days/year when beginning your third year, 5 weeks or 25 days/year after 10 years of employment. All PTO accrues per pay period to equal these amounts annually. Additionally, we offer selected paid holidays.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees, assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.