Country: United States (US)
Location: Tempe, Arizona (US-AZ)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Technical Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President-Sales
Would you be interested in leading the sales team for one of the leading companies in the industrial field? Konecranes is looking for an experienced sales individual that possesses professional and leadership qualities. Becoming a Technical Sales Manager will allow you to handle all aspects of the sales department and oversee your sales team. You will also provide leadership for all district sales resources and direct sales activities with a primary focus on team sales performance, individual sales target achievement, sales resource development, business development activities and local level key account responsibilities. The Technical Sales Manager is expected to review and direct pricing policies, related to the technical sales channel (Service Sales and Account Managers). The qualified candidate for this position will also have opportunity to research market and competitive information and provide insights for improvement within Konecranes.
- Responsible for directing and managing the sales efforts of the existing service sales and account manager staff. The primary focus is to drive order growth pertaining to our technical sales channel and insure adequate sales efforts are being conducted in all service market areas.
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing training on the CRM tool for all technical sales personnel and account managers. A primary focus is ensuring that all sales and managerial resources are using the tool to manage our customer relationships and systematically keeping decision and activities up to date daily.
- Responsible for facilitating weekly coaching and training sessions with all service sales resources and account managers to ensure they are meeting sales requirements and expectations as well as developing individual action plans in conjunction with branch manager to get back on track if needed.
- Responsible for administering lead Campaigns and target marketing programs and determining the sales strategies at specific accounts.
- Developing and mentoring the existing sales resources in sales follow up, sales calls, closing techniques and general sales presentation skills.
- Responsible for overseeing, collecting and reporting the Key Account activity reports from the sales personnel regularly and reporting on a monthly basis to the District Directors/ Vice President-Sales.
- Responsible for overseeing, collecting and reporting on the Business Review activities and the results. To include a copy of the presentations, electronic file of the graphs used, and the follow up document report.
- Participate in Monthly District Rush Report meetings. Support in the forecasting process for all channel SP's.
- Participation in monthly management meetings to review status of the business. Specific areas of concern may be addressed for evaluation and some preparation and study may be required.
- Jointly responsible for insuring the service operations are providing quality services and administering management to our existing policies handbook.
- Decisions regarding billing issues, questionable warranty or goodwill issues will be the collective responsibility of the management team. All credits over $1,000, permanent C.O.D. status, and sending accounts to collection are to be discussed with the District Director.
- Responsible for generating the sales required to meet the budgeted sales by SP's and overseeing the process of service sales and account managers.
- Ensure the Offer Configurator/Product Configurator is being used for 100% of the sales cases. Therefore, the autogenerated SR and Order Data Sheets are accurate.
- Responsible for overseeing the resolution of all customer complaints to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of Konecranes.
- Review and direct the pricing policies and CM2 levels for all service activities with the Operations Manager as needed. Company objectives for CM2 by SP are established and the District Manager is responsible for insuring the quotation levels are sufficient for any new contracts or customers to sustain the required minimums on a monthly basis. (Quote levels to existing customers thru the service personnel are the primary responsibility of the Operations and Service Managers.)
- Participate in annual and strategic business development issues.
- Provide market and competitive information periodically.
- Responsible to support Branch and District Management with onboarding and exiting sales personnel strategies. These decisions must be discussed with the District Director and the VP of Sales America's before proceeding.
- Responsible for all elements included in the Service Sales Representatives job description. This details the sales objectives and marketing programs for specific service products.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years experience as a manager in service related sales or operations, however, equivalent experience, education, and training will be considered. Must have demonstrated leadership experience, well-developed “people“ skills, a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical principles, good written and verbal communication skills and good PC skills.
EDUCATION: The acceptable educational background must be one of the following. A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or Industrial Engineering. (Equivalent Experience may be considered.)
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record. Must be willing to travel as required including overnight and international.
#monus #nxt #cbus
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category. Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. All data protection laws are the responsibility of the agency.