Silicon Valley Bank is the most sought-after financial partner in the global innovation economy. We bring together entrepreneurs, investors, ventures capitalists, and private equity firms to move their bold ideas forward, fast. Our clients define what comes next.
In the past 35 years, we have accumulated more experience with start-ups and high-growth tech than any other company in the world. In fact, majority of the most compelling Fintech disruptors bank with us. Our clients include: Beyond Meat, Shopify, HelloFresh, Cloudera, and Andreessen Horowitz, just to name a few. We help our clients grow, too. More than half of the innovation companies that completed an IPO in the last two years were our clients.
Our accomplishments serve as motivation to continue pushing ourselves and we are committed to delivering user-centered, high-impact solutions to our clients. We are looking for creative thinkers who want to challenge the status quo and create a truly seamless digital banking experience on a global scale.
Our End User Services System Administration and Engineering team requires a highly experienced full stack administrator that can learn quickly and collaborate with our engineers to implement and support new technology in a complex, highly regulated environment. An ideal candidate will be highly experienced in MEMCM (SCCM) and Mobile Device Management across Windows, Mac, iOS and Android with experience supporting and moving workloads from on-prem datacenters to the cloud. The System Administrator is a key contributor in our journey to transition to modern device management.
Our Technology Stack
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager Configuration Manager (MEMCM) with MDT-based Operating System Deployment (OSD), WSUS, Internet-based Client Management through IBCM and CMG, software deployment
- Microsoft Intune with mobile corporate device management, mobile BYOD application management, Windows co-management, JAMF connector
- APP-V integrated with MEMCM
- JAMF, on-premise and cloud
- vSphere and Horizon
- Office365 with Azure Active Directory hybrid join, conditional access, Office ProPlus, and a variety of modern applications
- Active Directory on-premise with group policy
- Nexpose vulnerability management
- RSA SecurID with biometric MFA
- Nexthink digital employee experience monitoring
- Cisco Telepresence
- Zoom desktop conferencing, conference room scheduling and digital signage
- DTEN and Poly conference room solutions
- Dell desktops, laptops, 2-in-1’s, 2-in-1 detachables, Surface Pros
- Intel Compute Stick
- IoT devices
About the Role
The EUS System Administrator is a member of the End User Services System Administration and Engineering team and is responsible for ensuring core services are properly maintained, are reliable, and acts as an escalation point for lower tiers. The System Administrator must balance strong technical abilities with operational efficiency to ensure our services function correctly and remain available to fulfill the EUS mission. The System Administrator will work closely with our Engineering team to automate manual processes as well as advance the strategy and lifecycles of EUS platform services.
Other General Responsibilities
DESKTOP COMPUTER HARDWARE – Seeks out industry trends for computing and determines how new features can solve business problems and reduce end user friction. Maintains understanding of hardware computing options (laptop, desktop, tablets, room systems, next-unit-of-computing) and how to assign them to solutions. want
DESKTOP COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEMS – Assist with the design, build, test and deployment of desktop operating system change utilizing desktop management tools, scripting tools and centralized directory policies to expand, reduce and control access. Maintains knowledge on new releases and continuously plans for onboarding them in the enterprise.
SERVER AND DATABASE INFRASTRUCTURE – Assist with the design, build, test and deployment of multi-tier solutions that deliver end user services. Configure and optimize server operating systems and databases for maximum availability and resiliency. Build dependable disaster recovery strategies pairing high availability technology with business continuity processes.
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT – Assist with the design, build, test and deployment of configurations as part of a configuration management system to effectively distribute operating system upgrades, patches, drivers and software in a global network.
MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT – Assist with the design, build, test and deployment of configurations as part of a mobile device (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) environment supporting both corporate-owned device (COD) and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) services.
APPLICATION PACKAGING – Maintain application packaging standards for line-of-business (LOB) and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications. Support various packaging and delivery methods including native, virtual and streaming. Act as a quality assurance agent to preserve engineering integrity and advance automation.
AUTOMATION – Assist with the design, build, test and deployment of scripting and automation to reduce the effort required to provide EUS services and support. Align solutions with the existing technology stack to provide seamless delivery.
ACTIVE DIRECTORY – Assist with maintaining desktop-facing Group Policy Objects. Possess working knowledge of Active Directory administration, including advanced understanding of delegation, logging, replication, authentication protocols and management techniques/tools.
TEAM PLAYER – Act as a team player supporting peers, department management and business unit leadership to fulfill operational service levels, department initiatives and project deliverables. Believe in and adopt a “70% agreement, 100% commitment” attitude.
CUSTOMER-FOCUSED – Understand and execute a user-first service philosophy whereby restoring service quickly for the end user comes first, deferring user training or correction for after the disruption. Review surveys and follow-up on negative experiences.
DOCUMENTATION – Build high quality roadmaps, strategies, standards and procedures to publicize the work of the department and develop the knowledge of others.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT – Organize continuous improvement efforts by understanding staff insights and concerns and creating a pipeline of change. Maintains a keen eye on opportunities to improve user experience, efficiency, compliancy or cost savings. Drive resolutions to production.
CHANGE MANAGEMENT – Learn and follow the change management process. Independently test and implement changes in the environment while informing others.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Able to build volumetric plans that achieve the objectives of department initiatives (software rollouts, upgrades, transitions). Analyze larger problems and break down into smaller and predictable tasks that progress toward a solution. Understands development lifecycles and methodologies including waterfall and Agile.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT – Act as an expert support resource for multiple EUS technology stack components. Assist and mentor system administrators and technicians to foster personal growth and accountability.
- Prior experience in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 desktop technical support role.
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10 or Windows 10 IoT.
- Prior experience supporting MacOS.
- Minimum 3 years supporting end users in an Office 365 environment.
- Product knowledge of SCCM, Intune, Windows 10 servicing, Office ProPlus servicing, PowerShell, Azure, Active Directory, vSphere, JAMF, Surface/Surface Hubs, Dell hardware and/or Intel Compute Stick
- Knowledge of infrastructure foundation including DNS, DHCP, VDI, SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, Postgres, IIS, Apache, SAN, Hyper-Converged, LAN, WLAN, VLAN, OSI model, TCP/IP,VPN, firewalls, PKI and/or AWS.
- Experience with audio/visual, video conferencing and unified communications preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to business and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated self-motivated work ethic and lifelong learner.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others.
- Knowledge of Agile delivery methods.
Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT related field or related job experience
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation
- CompTIA A or Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification