Solutions Architect, End User Computing
Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you have the consultative and leadership skills to help customers succeed with their cloud efforts? Are you passionate about cloud computing with a special focus on virtualized desktops, applications, and document collaboration?
Amazon Web Services is looking for Solutions Architects to help establish AWS End User Computing (EUC) as the market leader in end user computing. We built AWS EUC services to give customers the agility to respond to the changing needs of their workforce. Customers can scale up or scale down on-demand, providing users with the resources they need, all without deploying and operating infrastructure.
This is a highly technical position for someone who can dive deep, build complex, AWS-optimized architectures, and help customers accelerate their adoption of AWS services. Your broad responsibilities include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. In addition, you will engage with other AWS solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
The AWS EUC SA team is creating and migrating large scale and compelling workloads on AWS. You will be collaborating with and influencing technical teams requiring AWS expertise and in so doing will be making a significant impact on Amazon’s customers.
You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Work with customers to deploy Amazon WorkSpaces, Amazon AppStream 2.0, and Amazon WorkDocs
· Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs, and technical guides
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, partners, service engineering teams and support
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
· 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
· 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
· Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
· 4+ years of customer facing experience with virtualized desktops (VDI) and applications, preferably in the enterprise space
· 4+ years of experience in provisioning, migrating, and managing end user computing and related services
· 4+ years of experience with Microsoft infrastructure technologies including Active Directory, systems management, and storage solutions
· BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
· Experience with scripting (e.g. python, PowerShell)
· Communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and customers
· Experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
· Designing highly available end user computing solutions with responsibility for infrastructure robustness
· Operational knowledge of Linux for developer and end user use cases
· Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location in the Pacific Northwest or Rocky Mountain regions (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Arizona).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300- 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.