Software Dev Engineer II
Are you a builder, ready to reinvent buying and selling for large, complex businesses? Do you enjoy learning, designing and building solutions that scale to delights millions of Customers? Do you want to work in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts? If so, this is the right role for you.
The Business to Business (B2B) market is ripe for innovation and Amazon Business (www.amazon.com/business) aims to disrupt the way buying and selling happens between businesses and suppliers. We are focused on building a unique shopping experience for business users and business sellers with access to hundreds of millions of products world-wide, business-only selection, free two-day shipping, business and quantity pricing, new payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated customer support and much more. We've grown a lot in the 5 years since our launch and become one of the most promising opportunities within Amazon. Go ahead and read about us on any of your favorite media outlets!
We need engineers who can step into this environment and help us build cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support businesses around the world selling on Amazon. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial team building applications to disrupt the B2B e-commerce segment. You will participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. You will evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools, and you’ll coach and mentor junior development engineers. We work in an entrepreneurial environment and deliver value incrementally and frequently. We are still in the early stages of development, so you will be in on the ground floor. If you are a candidate with a strong sense of ownership, passion and drive to delight customers, come join us!
Key Job Responsibilities
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative solutions to streamline the B2B buying and selling experience.
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems including AWS and other cloud technologies
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Maniacal Customer Obsession