Comtech EF Data is looking for a Senior Level (Staff Scientist) RF/Microwave Engineer who will be part of a team that incorporates the latest technology to develop advanced satellite communication equipment at frequencies ranging from L-band to Ka, Q and V-bands.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for product conception through efficient production implementation and all stages in between.
- Research and implement components and techniques to create advanced microwave and millimeter-wave Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPAs), up-converters/down- converters, and Low-Noise Amplifiers.
- Perform overall system design including frequency planning, cascade and spurious analysis. Work with other engineering disciplines to make sure product thermal, power supply, and customer interface and monitoring requirements are met.
- Guide and direct the efforts of mechanical and printed circuit board designers, along with test personnel to achieve project technical and schedule goals.
- Prepare system specifications, budgets, schedules, and design related documentation. Maintain and update as needed.
- Analyze and recommend test equipment and procedures to validate product specifications.
Education and Requirements
- BSEE (MSEE a plus) and 10 years minimum experience.
- Significant experience with RF/microwave/millimeter circuit designs and components from L-to V-bands including SSPAs and frequency converters.
- Experience in both chip and wire and SMT construction techniques.
- Detailed design history of various components and subsystems such as power amplifiers, mixers, multipliers, filters (microstrip, waveguide, SSL), low phase noise PLLs, VCOs, and synthesizers. Experience in amplifier linearizer circuits and techniques and combiner design (microstrip/waveguide) a plus.
- Working knowledge of linear, non-linear, and EM simulators such as Keysight ADS, Genesys, Ansoft Designer, HFSS, AWR Microwave Office, or equivalent.
- Capable in sub-system frequency planning and spurious analysis, satellite communication experience desirable.
- Proficient with standard microwave test equipment such as Network and Spectrum Analyzers, Noise figure Meters, etc.
Comtech EF Data Corp. is a leading supplier of communications equipment with a focus on satellite bandwidth efficiency and link optimization. The high-performance satellite communications ground equipment is deployed globally to support mission-critical and demanding applications for government, mobile backhaul, premium enterprise and mobility. Service providers, satellite operators, governments and commercial users wanting to optimize communications, increase throughput and delight customers, are leveraging the performance and flexibility of the Comtech brand. The solutions are facilitating fixed and mobile networks in 160+ countries and across every ocean. For more information, visit www.comtechefdata.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.