Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Project Manager for Concierge to join our Member Care and Service team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
What is the Position?
The Project Manager manages organizational initiatives and special projects, and works in a professional capacity with Oscar Leadership. This position also provides project-related and other support to the Sr. Director of Concierge and other departmental managers.
Responsibilities include facilitating project teams, coordinating process improvement activities across business units, communicating/presenting updates and summaries to leadership and resolving issues. This position requires an extensive communication skill set and requires proactively identify key business needs/deficiencies, assisting in trend analysis, developing long-range project timelines and key milestones, and leading the execution of those developed plans.
What will you do?
- Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Is responsible for all aspects of a project from the design stage through to completion and handover to the client.
- Writes up all project documentation; Submitting progress reports to stakeholders and managers.
- Communicates with stakeholders to clarify the desired outcome of a project.
- Independently writes and presents analyses/recommendations that influence/persuade clients including difficult audiences to achieve desired outcomes
- Sets the standards and methodology to be used in a project.
- Creates a working environment that allows everyone to work to the best of their abilities.
- Leads problem solving and resolution efforts to include management of risk, contingencies and issue resolution
- Manages project personnel to achieve project objectives.
- Drives cross-functional project teams.
- Completes research and organizes information into presentations, executive summaries and action plans
- Lead and drive meetings with management and business stakeholders to plan, define and execute projects ensuring business objectives are achieved.
- Analyzes and compiles data and operational information
- Manages metrics via quantitative and qualitative data to build learning strategies
- Other duties as assigned
Who are you?
- Self starter with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sound sense of judgment driven by ability to view a situation objectively.
- Good facilitation and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data effectively
- Ability to deliver results on time, on budget, and to the very highest standards
- Ability to quickly gain the technical, behavioral and contextual elements of a project
- Action and result oriented
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of work.
- Eagerness to pursue the unknown with tenacity.
- High level of initiative and ability to complete quality work with minimal supervision.
- 3 or more years in Project Management capacity in healthcare
- Healthcare experience
- Expert knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Requires a bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.