At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. We are a tech-enabled consulting and services company helping employers unlock the full potential of their workforce.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive every day to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
What Does the Role Entail?
The Payroll Specialist is at the center of Sequoia One’s operations, and an ongoing point of contact for our clients. You will be working with multiple clients to process data and deliver accurate and timely payroll.
What You'll Do
- Process accurate payrolls in accordance to specified deadlines
- Maintain payroll data (client and employee level)
- Interface with clients internally and externally to assist with inquires and resolve any issues
- Work with various vendors (time and attendance, payroll/HRIS)
- Maintain and create document process workflows
- Assist with quarter and year-end activities (returns and W-2 filing)
- Represent Sequoia’s client service commandments to come through for our clients at all times
- Report back to management team on program implementations, and status of defined accountability metrics
- Some travel required
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years of payroll experience (multi-client payroll processing a plus)
- Positive credit report required
- Knowledge and experience with multi-state payroll processing
- Solid understanding of payroll concepts
- Knowledge and experience with involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments
- Ability to document and create standard operating procedures
- Strong initiative and self-motivation to learn quickly, and perform proactively
- Detail oriented and analytically driven
- Ability to work and adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and have the ability to multitask and follow through
- Strong ability to analyze and report data in Excel
- Passion and commitment to exceptional client service
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.