Operations Manager, WFS Central Operations
At Amazon Workforce Staffing (WFS) our goal is to recruit hourly associates in our operations and distribution network, and we strive to create a world-class experience for our candidates as they go through the hiring process. The WFS Central Operations team is looking for a customer-obsessed and results-driven Operations leader to join our team and help build out a centralized team for executing the many virtual transactions required to help candidates progress from the point of application to starting their Day 1 at Amazon. The individual in this role will own consolidating all current central tasks, structuring a team around ensuring operational excellence, and delivering outstanding execution of an ever-changing list of central tasks. We are looking for someone with proven leadership experience who can blend strategic focus with the ability to understand, analyze and improve our processes at a deep technical level.
As an Operations Manager, you will lead a team of Area Managers and Central Operations Leads to drive performance across all centrally-owned processed. You will work closely with data, process, technical, and business leaders to set strategy and operationalize new programs. You will drive execution and efficiency through data-driven decision-making and analytical problem-solving. Additional responsibilities include coaching and mentoring the team, nurturing positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the organization.
- Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers, Leads and Associates.
- Responsible for the overall candidate experience, quality and cost performance of centralized tasks, including requisition and resource creation, guiding candidate movement through application steps, and instituting centralized process controls.
- Analyze new initiatives and find ways to operationalize them.
- Develop managers for career progression.
- Create and nurture recognition and communication programs to establish great work culture for the team through Connections and active feedback
- Own weekly planning, organizational staffing, and scheduling needs.
- Deep dive intra-day and intra-week trends and create action plans to address operational issues in coordination with WFS field, Central Operations, and other business stakeholders
- Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across Central Operations and the broader WFS organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 3+ years direct management experience with teams of 5+ management-level direct reports
- 1+ years leading leaders and managing teams of 5+ direct reports
- Experience with planning, creating standard work, performance metrics, and process improvement
- Ability to work flexible hours according to the needs of the business, including nights, weekends or holidays
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or related field
- Experience leading process improvement through Lean, Kaizen, and Six Sigma
- Leader of projects and history of helping the team achieve goals.
- Ability to drive process improvements and keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us