Manager, Risk Management - Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named the most trusted company for customers. To deliver on this reputation of trust, the Selling Partner Abuse team is tasked with investigating suspicious or prohibited marketplace activities in order to protect Amazon customers, sellers, and brand owners worldwide.
Selling Partner Abuse is a growing team that designs and implements policies, tools and technology innovations with the overarching goal of customer protection. We are looking for leaders who move fast, exercise sound judgement, and have the entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions for complex problems. As a member of our team, your decisions will be fundamental to creating a pleasant customer experience, while maintaining an ecosystem of fairness and accountability for sellers, vendors, and brands .
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of:
· Setting program strategy and delivering results.
· Leading teams in anticipating and mitigating high-impact incidents.
· Drafting and presenting deep-dive documents, including responses to senior executives, public relations, or legal offices.
· Analyzing existing policy and process gaps, and working with multiple teams to address these vulnerabilities.
· Owning and/or managing projects designed to improve operational and process efficiency, including accessing and analyzing data and working extensively with external teams.
· Closely monitoring media and global events to anticipate and mitigate potential risks. Being comfortable using data to analyze trends, predict and fix problems before they happen.
· Bachelor's degree
· People management experience in risk-based, analytical, or investigative functions.
· Written communication skills, able to write, clearly and succinctly
· Ownership and bias for action
· Move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident
· Critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically
· Analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
· Cross departmental collaboration skills
· High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information Strong enthusiasm to provide superb customer service to executive leadership and other key stakeholders
· Proven ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situation
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Most investigations will be in English, however language skills in Japanese, Arabic, German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other non-English languages are a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.