At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
A New Opportunity at Sequoia
Sequoia is looking for an innovative, action-oriented, and results-driven Manager of Professional Services who can manage and grow a fast-paced client operations team that delivers high value implementations to our clients. You will have an amazing opportunity to evolve our benefits administration and technology service offerings into a Human Capital Management professional services practice that aligns with Sequoia’s commitment to people-first clients.
What Does The Job Entail
You will manage a team that provides implementation project consulting, technical integration expertise, best practice training and guidance, and outstanding client service responsiveness to new and existing clients. Sequoia’s platform and offerings unify our client’s employee experience of benefits, HR, retirement and insurance services.
As a member of the professional services leadership team, you will be responsible for your team’s operational execution and delivery against expected performance metrics. You will use your insight and imagination to identify ways to optimize the workflows and streamline processes and accelerate time to value for Sequoia clients. You will partner closely with our sales team to advance sales cycles to wins, have a better understanding of sales pipeline and ensure scope of Sequoia Services is managed appropriately for a successful post sale implementation. You will also work closely with our Client Service teams to finalize requirements and seamlessly manage hand-offs as clients move through their annual life cycle.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of people management expertise, relationship building prowess, organization skills and project management. You will demonstrate extraordinary passion for delivering the best results for your clients and for building a scalable, high performing organization. Sequoia’s clients include many of the most well-known and fastest growing technology brands in the world, and they expect the highest level of professionalism, guidance, and value.
What You'll Do
- Manage team members to ensure high client retention and renewal
- Oversee all projects for your Market Team to ensure they are delivered successfully
- Serve as a point of escalation during and after client implementations
- Collaborate with cross functional team managers to ensure internal and external challenges are addressed
- Oversee complex implementation, specially where new services offerings have been rolled out
- Accountable for review cycles for the team members with clear goals and KPIs
- Contribute towards company goals and objectives
- Responsible for the team members performance and results
- Collaborate with Leaders within the organization to define and design Sequoia Services Offerings by Market
- Train and roll-out services offerings within the organization
- Participate and Contribute towards Organizational initiatives
- Engaged on market trends, competition and partner capabilities
- Work closely with Business Consultants (BCs) to have a better understanding on sales pipeline
- Collaborate with BCs to help advance the sales cycles to wins
- Ensure that scope of Sequoia Services is managed appropriately for a successful post sale implementation
- Engage with partners based on function i.e. HRIS, Benefits Administration or Payroll
- Collaborate closely with partners and internal team members across solution implementations (conversions, data exchanges integrations, services offerings etc.…)
- Ensure the consistent application of Sequoia methodologies across all projects and client interactions
- Optimize project staffing and utilization to balance client needs, internal constraints, and staffing efficiency
- Minimal travel: San Mateo and New York City
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of experience in professional services, management consulting, or customer success leadership
- Ability to understand and interpret client needs and deliver results under tight deadlines
- Solutions-oriented team player who takes initiative and is accountable for results
- Ability to collaborate and drive discussions with multiple stakeholders
- Record of professional achievements with a track record of delighted and successful customers
- Strong project and process management skills
- Experience hiring and developing a team of high performing, passionate professionals
- Technical background in integrations (EDI, XML, csv etc..) and customization
- Strong communication and collaboration skills plus ability to work with both technical & business stakeholders
- Experienced change agent with ability to drive process improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and persuasive with a warm and nurturing personality
- Experience working with Salesforce, Benefits Administration System/Solutions (Workday, ADP, Zenefits, Namely, etc..), Payroll and HRIS systems is a strong plus
- BA/BS degree and equivalent desired skills/experience
What Success Looks Like in the First 3 Months
- Build a trusted relationship with your team
- Strong cross geo collaboration with San Mateo team
- Streamline and/or eliminate redundant processes
- Partner with Business Consultants and Client Service Managers to help fuel client growth and contribute towards group top results
- Serve as point of escalation both internally and externally
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan