The primary role of the Loss Mitigation Specialist is to successfully skip trace, collect and/or coordinate repossession on auto loans that are scheduled to charge off. This position requires a demonstrated ability to negotiate expedited payment arrangements or surrender of collateral. A successful candidate will have an advanced comprehension of skip tracing, negotiation techniques, and communication skills. The primary objective of the position is to mitigate loss using the aforementioned skills.Essential Job Duties: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following; other duties may be assigned.
Utilize advanced skip-tracing techniques in order to establish customer contact and/or locate collateral (utilizing all company approved tools and information sources).
- Effectively presents payment options as applicable. Analyzes and uses the information to negotiate appropriate payment arrangements. Clearly and concisely communicates information to customers.
Provides thorough and accurate documentation and maintain superior quality assurance and compliance results.
- Utilizes superior time management skills as it relates to managing an assigned queue of potential charge-off accounts.
Knowledge of state repossessions laws/regulations.
Overcome borrower objections and educate the borrower in understanding their account(s) and responsibilities.
Negotiate account settlements with borrowers.
- Extensive interaction with Repossession Agents and other company-approved vendors.
Identify accounts that may require legal action and refer to the proper approval authority for resolution.
- Ensure legal repossession notices such as Right to Cures, Notice of Sales and Deficiency letters are properly sent and documented in the system of record.
NOTE: Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include 2 Saturdays per month.
Competitive hourly rate & monthly bonus. Benefits first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
5 years of auto finance collection experience within a call center environment. 2 years skip tracing/repossession experience in a full balance charge off department.
Superior communication skills with the ability to maintain composure with difficult borrowers.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve aggressive loss mitigation goals within an individual work queue.
Schedule flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
Ability to display a high level of personal accountability and ownership of work performed.
- Knowledge of collection and repossession laws on the federal, state and local level.
- Ability to thrive in a “team-first“ rather than a “me first“ environment.
Proficient in MS Office; Including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- English/Spanish bilingual skills a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Possess strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
A desire to exceed challenging goals, self-motivated and able to demonstrate personal initiative in an effort to achieve high standards of performance.
Must be adaptable to change, flexible, and demonstrate persuasive communication and organizational skills.