Requisition ID: 235568
Work Area: Software-Quality Assurance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Contract Duration: 6 months
Anticipated Start Date: December 2019
Office Location: Tempe, AZ
Purpose and Objectives
SAP's Retail organization is targeting a market with growth potential worldwide. Our Retail application development teams are working within globally acting organizations-built SAP Labs in Germany, USA, Canada, Switzerland and India. Our mission is to deliver highly scalable solutions addressing all areas of the Retail business. While leveraging SAP's generic solutions, we significantly extend the core components.
SAP Retail Development Team in Tempe, Arizona is seeking an extremely proactive and motivated Quality Engineer intern to contribute in the development of automated scrips and testing of SAP Merchandise Planning. This is a paid 6 months internship. Could be extended to an additional 6 months based on progress and quality of work delivered. Bring your passion, desire to learn and dedication to test SAP's world class software to ensure continued quality of delivered products. In return you will receive lunch provided by SAP, work with in a challenging environment and learn from experienced team members who want to share their knowledge.
Expectations and Tasks
- Create/write test cases and test packages for new or existing functionality.
- Create test cases and test plans for regression and performance testing.
- Test the test cases and report defects found in the application and retest once solutions are provided.
- Develop, execute, debug and maintain automated tests.
- Apply Agile methodology (Scrum, Test Driven Development, Lean).
- To ensure continuous integration testing, create Jenkins builds to schedule and trigger the automated scripts to run on the remote server
- Monitor the existing Jenkins builds and create weekly reports on systems requested.
- In case of a failure of a Jenkins build, debug the scripts and fix the issues encountered or open tickets.
- Do some exploratory testing to ensure quality. If bugs are detected, an incident report should be created. Once the issue is fixed, confirmation testing should take place.
- Manually/Automatically test the performance of the product's functionalities using a performance tool.
- Create and maintain status reports.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Management Lead and team members
- Proactively seek solutions to complex topics.
- Position requires a highly motivated, collaborative and willingness to learn candidate.
- Other duties as assigned to support product delivery or product delivery preparation.
- Work a minimum of 20 hours during school and work full-time during the summer months.
- Holds self-accountable to completing assignments on time.
Required Experience and Skills
- Experience programming in scripting languages (SQL, VBA; Jenkins a plus). Other programming languages are helpful.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to communicate well, present to small teams, and receive feedback/direction.
- Ability to take on small to medium size projects and see them to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems and provide updates to progress.
- Enrolled in a college/university degreed program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or another related technical field.
- Bachelor, Master's or Ph.D. students located in Arizona should consider applying.
- Work visas need to be in place/active to be considered.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.