This position is part of Shutterfly’s corporate team and reports to the Director, Financial Reporting. The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for timely, accurate and consistent preparation of the Company’s financial reporting. Primary responsibilities will include financial reporting including preparation of the quarterly financial statements and quarterly earnings materials and responsible for the compensation expense reporting.
This role offers many opportunities, including being part of a fast-growing and profitable company and advancement within a dynamic Accounting and Finance Group.
The individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the end to end planning and preparation of the financial statements. Responsible for preparing the quarterly financial reporting calendar/timeline;
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements. Ensure that such financial statementsare in compliance with Shutterfly’s internal policies, and U.S. GAAP;
- Responsible for the preparation of a comprehensive set of workpapers supporting the Company’s financial statements, and working directly with the Company’s external auditors on the audit of information included within these workpapers;
- Prepare the statement of cash flows;
- Draft financial statement disclosures related to implementation of new accounting standards or in connection with new transactions that require disclosure;
- Prepare U.S. GAAP checklists for quarterly/year-end financial statements;
- Assist in the preparation of compensation expense reporting including preparation of the monthly journal entries;
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements. Partner with Investor Relations, Legal, Finance, FP&A and others on deliverables and projects that affect financial reporting.
- Collaborate with Investor Relations in the preparation of earnings materials;and
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline the financialreporting process.
- Strong technical accounting and reporting skills;
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership;
- Positive attitude and dependable team player willing to “roll up their sleeves” to get the work done;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage workload in a complex fast-paced environment with strict deadlines;
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision; and
- Effective writing, presentation and communication skills.
- BS Degree in Finance/Accounting; CPA required
- 4+ years of accounting experience with a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Public accounting experience
- Knowledge of Oracle software a plus