Finance Control Testing, Associate Vice President
- Requisition # 10036010-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, Arizona
- Date Posted 06/24/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to the Controls Testing Leader in the BURCO Office, this position is responsible for updating control test scripts, executing control test scripts and assessing the effectiveness of internal controls in business areas and processes within Financial Management of the Americas (FMA). Given the nature of this position, it is critical the candidate can produce high quality work product to demonstrate how testing was executed and linked back from the evidence to the test script and from the test script to the control. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to transition and focus between tasks seamlessly, enthusiastic and energetic, goal-driven, and highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Execution of test plans in compliance with applicable policies and guidance within the BURCO function, including documentation of test results and communicating a conclusion of the control testing effectiveness. Responsible for reviewing and proposing test scripts for newly implemented controls and changes to test scripts for existing controls.
- Executing testing procedures, documenting results and identification of exceptions requiring issue assessment, executing remediation testing, and summarizing overall test results.
- Requires a BA or BS degree, 5+ years of experience in control testing.
- Collaborative/ teamwork approach.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments effectively.
- Knowledge and experience in applying End User Computing controls for applications, databases, spreadsheets, and models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat skills.
- Working knowledge of OpenPages desired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Risk
- Primary Location Tempe, Arizona
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time