Do you have healthcare benefits and insurance experience? If so, this may be the job for you!
When you join the Banner Staffing Services, you join a team that puts patients first. You'll see several ways you can make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems and help make our patients' lives easier. The future of health care starts here.
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
About Banner Staffing Service AZ
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position coordinates and processes inbound and outbound calls and tasks for several facilities and the community. Provides quality customer service and accurate information to internal and external customers by efficiently processing and responding to all incoming, outgoing, interdepartmental & community calls, emails and other correspondence.
- Accurately and efficiently processes a high volume of incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls providing information to callers and responding to caller requests in a professional, confidential and courteous manner. Follows written and computer based procedures to ensure that calls are processed according to individual facility guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and timely information provided by internal departments for physician referrals and class/event schedules. Includes entry of information into database as well as upkeep. Maintains accurate documentation related to this work.
- Uses the computer and telephone to access information for a designated group of facilities, processing calls, referrals and scheduling for patients, staff, and the community at large. Locates database information quickly and process calls accurately utilizing computer based software, web-based and database information, patient databases, organizations intranet, and other available resources.
- Completes scheduling and physician Referral functionality for internal and external contacts. Follows detailed instructions established by each educator or department and shows initiative and problem solving skills when handling difficult or challenging situations. Maintains accurate documentation in electronic database and written records as set forth by each educator or department.
- As assigned, process payments and ensure security and confidentiality of electronic credit card payments, adjustments, correspondence, refunds, in an accurate and timely manner, meeting goals in work quality and productivity. Coordinates with other staff members and department staff as necessary ensure correct processing. May perform other office and clerical support work including, but not limited to, making copies, sending faxes communication with patients and Banner Health staff and/or other routine responsibilities.
- Maintains and organizes class and event schedule as well as physician profiles within a database, paperwork and/or documentation and ensures the confidentiality of those items.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Reading, writing and math skills.
Must possess a general knowledge of operations in a telephone/customer service environment, specifically with a call center and/or switchboard telephone system, as normally demonstrated through one to two years of experience.
Must possess excellent oral and written communication, as well as listening skills to effectively interact pleasantly and calmly with incoming callers. Must possess basis computer skills, including familiarity with computer keyboards. Must be able to effectively prioritize and make sound decisions following established department policies, procedures and standards. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to learn and apply department procedures to react quickly to emergency situations, as well as process calls within defined standards. Must possess the ability to work cohesively in a team environment, as well as train and act as a mentor to peers.
Experience with a hospital switchboard strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.