Department: Purchasing and Warehouse
Reports to: Director of Purchasing
Placement: Grade 11; Salary Schedule
Term: See Duty Day Calendar
The Courier position is responsible for delivering and picking up mail and other small items to all district sites as well as the post office and county.
- Delivers mail, packages, supplies on a daily basis to all schools and district office.
- Delivers mail and packages to the post office as needed; handles all mail requiring special postage and delivery procedures (certified, registered, insured, return receipt, etc.).
- Transports and picks up documents to and from the county.
- Delivers Governing Board Packets to Board members bi-monthly or as needed.
- Acts as backup to Warehouse Technician and Print Shop as needed.
- Ensures that all work is completed in accordance with District policy and applicable state and federal laws.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma/Equivalent.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Experience in light delivery work.
- Possesses Arizona Driver's License.
- Loading, unloading and carrying heavy objects.
- Following oral and written directions.
- Sorting and comparing names and numbers accurately and rapidly planning simple routing.
- Determining locations of delivery route,
- Working within specific time frames and be detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; maintaining rapport and composure with administration, faculty and staff at various sites.
- Working within specific time frames and is detail oriented.
- Organization, able to multi-task.
ADA and Other Requirements:
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, crawling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, fingering, standing, walking, pushing, reaching, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, this job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Tempe Union High School District is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any individual on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender, marital status, religion, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, or socioeconomic status. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title VII, Title IX may be referred to the Director of Student Affairs and District Safety, and Section 504 may be referred to the Section 504 Coordinator, 500 West Guadalupe Road, Tempe Arizona 85283-3599, (480) 839-0292. In accordance with Arizona law and Governing Board Policy, Tempe Union High School District is a smoke-free, tobacco-free work environment.