At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
This role will lead the Bank's team of investigators and support staff in the timely investigation of internal and external fraud. The primary responsibilities of this role include ensuring all matters subject to investigation are completed in a timely manner and comply with all applicable internal policies and procedures, as well as with external regulations which include, but are not limited to; the Bank Secrecy Act, GLBA, state and local elder abuse regulations, and the FACTA Identity Theft Red Flags Program. This leader will also be expected to identify and successfully implement strategic initiatives which help the Bank reduce fraud losses, improve the customer experience, and lower operating expenses.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or 10 years of corporate fraud operations or investigations experience
- 5 years managing/leading multi-disciplinary operational teams (in any capacity)
- 5 years of experience with driving process improvement initiatives in a complex organization
- JD, MBA, or CPA
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation or other related fraud/investigations credentials
- Fraud operations or investigations experience with a regulated financial institution
- State / federal law enforcement or justice department experience
- Other process, project, or change management credentials like; BPM, CAPM, CSSBB, or PMP
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.