At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
The Client Operations Manager works directly with small and mid-size clients, insurance carriers and benefits system administrators to ensure a smooth benefits implementation and renewal process, and serves as one of the primary Sequoia points of contact for day-to-day benefits operations support and client inquiries. The position requires strong project management skills, passion for systems, attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The individual should embody and promote our culture in daily relationships with clients and our teams.
A New Opportunity at Sequoia
- Client Operations Managers are a group of people who are passionate about operational processes, innovative systems solutions and client service, such as configuring benefits platforms for clients and providing consultative services
- COMs build strong relationships with cross-functional teams such as Client Service, Sales, EDI and our technology partners
- We pride ourselves on having a balance of client work and special projects that expand upon personal interests and career development. The team is comprised of smaller groups of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the COM team along with additional teams that work cross-functionally with other departments on technology and client service initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Project manage and execute benefit administration system implementations, ongoing updates, and annual renewals
- Maintain system functionality and performance to ensure quality standards are met
- Monitor and resolve data discrepancies and inaccuracies within the benefits administration system and carrier database
- Collaborate with Sequoia EDI team and project manage new EDI implementations
- Retrieve, audit, and prepare client data as needed
- Create, maintain and drive project plans across multiple teams to hold all responsible parties accountable and ensure projects stay on track
- Build and maintain relationships with key client and vendor contacts
- Point of contact for client education of benefit program and systems functionality
- Manage various ad hoc client projects
- Some travel required
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of experience in project and client management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Detail and process-oriented thinker with strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with ability to run reports and manipulate large data sets
- Solutions-oriented team player who takes initiative and is accountable for results
- Ability to collaborate and drive discussions with multiple stakeholders
- Strong understanding of systems functionality across multiple platforms (HRIS, Benefit Administration and Payroll) (preferred)
- Understanding of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) as it relates to Benefits Administration systems (preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce (preferred)
What Success Looks Like in the First 3 Months
- Gaining a full book of business within the first 45 days and taking the lead on COM related items with your clients
- Completion of the Client Operations Manager trainings and onboarding within the first 60 days (Sequoia preferred platforms and technology, such as Sequoia Benefits Portal, ADP, bswift, EDI, Mobile App etc.)
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan