BIM/VDC Manager - Phoenix, AZ
Our BIM/VDC Manager, manages, coaches and develops our staff. Oversees the preparation and maintains detailed design drawings, schematics or specifications typically using computer-aided design software. Works closely with design originators (e.g., engineers, designers) to resolve design details or discrepancies or to prepare drawings of unusual, complex or original designs which require a high degree of precision using computer-aided drafting (CAD) or computer-aided engineering (CAE) equipment. Oversees the creation, modification and controls of detailed two- and three-dimensional parts and assembly drawings from engineers' and technicians' sketches, plans and written and verbal instructions. Manages the development and maintenance of drafting standards and procedures. Evaluates and recommends purchase of CAD/CAE-related computer hardware and software.
- Manages, coaches, and develops staff. Manages any HR issues.
- Provides hiring recommendations and terminates employees, depending on the issue.
- Acts on employee issues and metes out discipline as appropriate based on performance, conduct and time/attendance.
- Makes recommendations on promotions and salary increases.
- Ensures all team members are trained and up-to-date on current processes and procedures.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for team and field personnel, when needed, and interfaces with other team leaders, the group manager, project managers, the shop fabrication managers and field supervisors as needed.
- Uses technology such as AutoCAD, Revit or current design tools.
- Reviews highlighted drawings for improvement and/or discrepancies.
- Monitors work in progress and reviews completed work to ensure compliance with department standards and ensures a high standard of drawing quality.
- Reviews overall schedules, including BIM logs, with department manager, project managers, shop supervision, and field supervision.
- Monitors cost and the schedule as the various projects progress in order to keep the coordination effort as closely aligned with the project estimate as possible. Advises appropriate project management of any potential overruns. Responsible for department budget activity.
- Assigns lead coordinators and plans the project team members.
- Mentors less experienced coordinators within their respective trade to ensure that they understand how to go about the completion of the research and layout work necessary to complete fabrication or installation drawings.
- Plans long range trade coordination in terms of capabilities, manpower, budgets and objectives.
- Resolves resource challenges between VDC and other departments.
- Participates in the VDC committee and acts as the VDC liaison for database upgrades or other special projects.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a BIM/VDC Manager
- Must be willing to assist and work along side our BIM/VDC team as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Science or related field is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the commercial mechanical/service industry.
- Knowledge of industry standards, work-flows, data formats and interoperability techniques.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment to helping others be successful with technology.