If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana's in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it's like to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
We need to be super approachable and always willing to go above and beyond to help our Carvana family. It could be as simple as connecting their monitor to as complicated as tuning their flux capacitor to precisely 1.21 gigawatts! We expect smart people who are doers with bright ideas, willing to put their game-face on, take on new challenges, and juggle many assignments at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
What you'll be doing
- Solve all escalated Tier 2 technical issues through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff while providing prompt and professional communication.
- Demonstrate expertise in all Tier 1, Tier 2 responsibilities which include triaging tickets and off basic technical support and troubleshooting.
- Create new policies for software and hardware changes going from testing to production.
- Partner with Team Leads and Managers on training & new policy/procedure implementation.
- Continuously improve and streamline processes and procedures to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Serve as a trainer, mentor and coach to our Tier 1 & Tier 2 Service Desk team.
- Review Help Desk tickets data to identify themes and patterns to identify improvement opportunities.
- Serve as a business partner to other departments on projects.
- Document solutions to new problems and share with the rest of the team.
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation
- Work with vendors to resolve issues either onsite or on the phone.
What you should have
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the technical support field.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems and office applications; big plus if you have experience with G Suites, Okta, Slack, Confluence, Jira , and JAMF.
- Ability to blend creativity, problem solving, and technical skills to support end-users.
- Experience with all major types of mobile devices (iOS, Android, Chrome Devices, Windows).
- Top-notch customer service experience both in-person and virtually.
- The ability to effectively communicate with remote users via phone or email and troubleshoot problems using remote connectivity tools or sometimes in the blind.
- High level of learning agility, and an aptitude for dealing with a fast paced-work environment.
- Maintaining dynamic troubleshooting skills while dealing with ambiguous situations or issues.
- Be willing to take on new projects even if that means learning something new.
- Beginner skills administering Windows Server, Windows Active Directory, DHCP and other network services.
- Experience with G-Suite including Gmail, Calendar and Drive.
What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 70 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.