Univision Local Media in New York is currently seeking a Promotions Technician. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be bilingual, and have a flexible schedule. The Promotions Technician is responsible for set up of promotional items, banners, tables, tents and sound equipment for remotes, special events and station appearances. Interface with clients, listeners and the public during off site promotional activities. Remote technicians must be able to collaborate creatively with the Sales & Promotions staff
- Assisting in the carrying out of station in-field promotions.
- Assist the On-Air Talent and Sales Executives with on-site requests, contests, prizes etc.
- Pick up after event and load equipment and promotional items in vehicle.
- Provide customer service by ascertaining the client needs before any event.
- Follow all station promotions policies and guidelines.
- Greet listeners and distribute prizes to winners.
- Conduct on-air announcements in Spanish from remote or appearance locations.
- Drive station vehicles including oversized trucks and vans.
- Maintain vehicle and promotional items appearance always.
- Maintain, organize, and perform routine inventory of all promotional remote and station equipment.
- Very well organized and a team player.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Be highly motivated, assertive, creative, and proactive.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Must have a valid NJ, NY or CT driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish (read, write, speak)
Desired Skills & Experience
- High School graduate, or equivalent.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous experience in similar position.
- Knowledge of digital social media
- Must be able to lift up to 50-70lbs.
- Must be willing to work from office in Teaneck NJ
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.