Associate Localization Engineer
Main Purpose of Job
You will be an active member of the engineering team. You will be expected to show a good understanding of engineering technique and skills, and will receive on-the-job training from your Line Manager as and when required. Your role will be to assist other engineers or work independently in producing high quality work to a set deadline whilst following all procedures and quality checks required by RWS and the client.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project lead engineer and project manager with involvement in client conference calls explaining engineering issues with the project.
- Support lead software engineer to meet ship dates for localised products.
- Be responsible for localization projects such as preparation or File Integration projects.
- Prepare test plans for projects by analysing the product or going through its resources.
- Engineer localised assets.
- Build localizable elements (i.e. software and help).
- Test with the guidance of a test plan the localizable product thoroughly paying particular attention to relevant checks required.
- Report bugs in localizable elements in a clear and concise manner into a bugs database and then to close it once fixed.
- Test help systems using SDLs tools and ensuring format is as per original language
- Resize software form
- Assist the lead engineer in all bug fixing for localizable elements such as Software and Help.
- Edit graphics and take screen captures of localizable product making sure the layout is consistent with the original language.
- Assist in the evaluation of engineering assets for new business.
- To prepare localised operating systems for screenshots.
- To check/QA the work undertaken by Trainee Engineers.