Are you an ERCOT Employee? If so please log in to Workday to apply.
Provides application and interface support to all internal and external EMMS (Energy and Market Management Systems) users and downstream applications. Actively involved in the design, development, testing, validation and implementation of modifications and enhancements to EMMS and OTS systems.
Understands and applies principles, theories and concepts related to the profession and ERCOT's culture. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Impact is generally limited to specific assignments or projects. May respond to inquiries and/or provide assistance and/or guidance to lower level workers.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
• Designs, develops, and tests EMMS and Web & Client/Server applications and interfaces
• Performs Data Modeling and Database Design
• Proactively identifies EMMS application and interface requirements and develops solutions
• Coordinates support with multiple departments and disciplines
• Coordinates and implements changes to development, test, and production environments
• Serves as a member of the 24/7 Production Support team Experience
• Experience with Energy or Market Management Systems preferred Level 2 – Above
• Designs, codes, programs, implements and supports software applications for the Energy and Market Management Systems (EMMS) development group. Conducts the development/implementation for the EMS and MMS applications integration, testing
• Provides advice and guidance to ERCOT Security and Market Operations regarding EMMS applications, processes and tools
• Ensures that EMMS products and solutions comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Employs in the full systems development life cycle in projects and work processes. May provide on-the-job training or oversee the work of other developers
• Works with Market Participants, ERCOT representatives, and vendors to drive and deliver solutions for the ERCOT Electricity Market’s needs
• Provides assistance with consulting services to ERCOT Security and Market Operations regarding EMMS applications, processes and tools
• Creates and gives presentations for training on EMMS applications
• Represents EMMS Development Department at interdepartmental meetings
• Represents ERCOT at market participant meetings Experience
• Experience in UI design, implementation, and testing is required
• Good knowledge of Source Code Control Tools is required
Requires minimum 2 years related work experience in excess of degree requirements
Bachelor's Degree : Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Required) Master's Degree : Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Preferred) or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required Are you an ERCOT Employee? If so please log in to Workday to apply.