The Med Lab Tech performs and monitors a full range of laboratory testing and analysis. The Med Lab Tech assumes responsibility for problem resolution, quality control, and required equipment maintenance with minimal supervision. The Med Lab Tech performs laboratory tests in compliance with department procedures and all pertinent regulatory requirements. The Med Lab Tech follows quality control, quality assurance, safety, and infection control procedures. The Med Lab Tech performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting. The Med Lab Tech maintain effective communication and working relationships with all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external customers. The Med Lab Tech participates in laboratory projects and educational activities. The Med Lab Tech demonstrates and educates laboratory principles and technical skills to others.
The ideal candidate for The Med Lab Tech position must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to think analytically and critically.
- Location/Facility – Taylor , TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – hospital lab
- Shift/Schedule – full time, days
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- American medical technologist (AMT) or National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or HEW or American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB) and Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) and Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) and Medical Lab Tech ( AMT-MLT, ASCP-MLT)